Loudness - Devil Soldier 1982

Rick Lee

I started my Loudness kick with Thunder in the East. I saw the open for AC/DC on the Who Made Who tour. Man, Akira is such a monster player. I spent so many hours learning that album and it's still in regular rotation in my iTunes library.

stratjacket

I started my Loudness kick with Thunder in the East. I saw the open for AC/DC on the Who Made Who tour. Man, Akira is such a monster player. I spent so many hours learning that album and it's still in regular rotation in my iTunes library.
Same here, I wore out Thunder in the East, still listen to it. I’ve always wanted one of his Killer guitars.

Rick Lee

I saw Akira play at the ESP booth at NAMM a few years ago. That room was packed to the gills, probably way above fire marshal capacity. The crowd went nuts when Akira walked in. Though I have to say I was a little underwhelmed by what he played. It was nothing special or any signature Loudness stuff. Later on that day a buddy saw Akira play at the SD booth and said he really shredded and the crowd went nuts.

Speeddemon

This album was my introduction to Loudness and Akira Takasaki in 1982. Still have the vinyl, still just as ripping, still know all the lyrics 😂

Yep, same album for me that got me into them. It was years later when Lighting and Thunder were added to my collection. And I also enjoyed Soldier of Fortune (with Mike Viscera on vocals) a lot.

thenine

He always had great tone too with a hollowness in there I could never dial in on my own shiznat.