Madison amps back in bussiness

dwizted

For all the metalheads Madison amps back in business. I always wanted to try the Divinity series. They sounded so mean. A friend of mine had a prophecy and it was the most brutal sounding solid state ever..

Anyone tried these before?

Had a Prophecy combo that Martin sent me to use for awhile...seriously, most brutal SS amp I ever touched. Had a contour knob that drastically changed the sound of the amp...he sold it to another guy, and then another guy bought it and turned it into a head and the sold it...no idea what happened to it after that, but I always watch for it. If I could get it back just for the brootz, I would.

Fluff, they had both, there was the Divinity series and I think one more model that were tubes, and the Prophecys that were SS.

dwizted":qja4pafe said:
For all the metalheads Madison amps back in business. I always wanted to try the Divinity series. They sounded so mean. A friend of mine had a prophecy and it was the most brutal sounding solid state ever..

I've been looking for another Prophecy for a while Dave. Wish I hadn't sold mine. Marty misses his too, he just won't admit he liked a cheap SS amp so much. :LOL: :LOL:

Bloodrock":1gbjj1a4 said:
dwizted":1gbjj1a4 said:

I've been looking for another Prophecy for a while Dave. Wish I hadn't sold mine. Marty misses his too, he just won't admit he liked a cheap SS amp so much. :LOL: :LOL:

He is selling the new 50 watters for like 350 and the 100 watter prophecy for 799. If you buy before the end of the month he is knocking off 20%. The tube amps start around 1100-1400 of killer tube goodness same 20% discount on those as well.

fluff191":3m851u44 said:
Were those solid state? Or am I thinking of Vader?

Fluff the did both. Killer freaken amps for a very good price. You should hit Norman up and see if will let you demo one. Tell him Dave from Dallas sent you his way. Hell ill ask him if he will send you one to demo. You will not be disapointed Fluff. IT is brutal sounding stuff...

Didn't JerryP find out they were basically poorly modified TSLs with duct tape in them or something? And didn't they claim to be made in the US when they were made in China at one point?

Code001":172pbc19 said:
Didn't JerryP find out they were basically poorly modified TSLs with duct tape in them or something? And didn't they claim to be made in the US when they were made in China at one point?
Ewwwwwww........I hate TSL's...... :thumbsdown:
Had one for a minute or 2. :no:

Code001":12tmu787 said:

I saw the inside of one and there was no duct tape looked to be as solidly built as pretty much the majority of amps in the market. As far as chinese pretty much all amps have something made in china dont they even when there assembled in USA, Germany and other places.

There's a Divnity for sale locally for 450$ here... still wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole
I've heard many bad stories about Madison, including the TSL one

C'mon now, I don't get the opposition to duct tape. I mean it works well for everything else, why not amp building?

dwizted":2n53vdhz said:
fluff191":2n53vdhz said:
Were those solid state? Or am I thinking of Vader?

Fluff the did both. Killer freaken amps for a very good price. You should hit Norman up and see if will let you demo one. Tell him Dave from Dallas sent you his way. Hell ill ask him if he will send you one to demo. You will not be disapointed Fluff. IT is brutal sounding stuff...

:thumbsup:

Code001":26w37bij said:
As I remember, even a switching flaw in the TSL was copied over, and he had pictures of the guts showing the duct tape. They also were trying to use up extra chassis they had for the divinity, so one of the control pots on the front wasn't even connected to the circuit on the early runs. I did dig the prophecy though, very cool for a SS amp.

Back