Marshall Amps Sold To ZSounds Industries

I would be bummed about this but to me Marshall has been something else entirely since the ‘80s. And who really cares when we’ve got Germino, Bray, Friedman etc etc?

Still, kinda sad to see a legend recede even deeper into modern, malignant capitalism. 😬

They didn't get any more rare with his passing.
Except after EVH passed, the Collectors gobbled up lots of stuff. You know, the people who don't even play a musical instrument but see it as an investment. They are the ones that in part, drive up prices. So less stuff in the hands of actual players = more rare. :dunno:

I would be bummed about this but to me Marshall has been something else entirely since the ‘80s. And who really cares when we’ve got Germino, Bray, Friedman etc etc?

Still, kinda sad to see a legend recede even deeper into modern, malignant capitalism. 😬

Those brands are boutique, completely different market and price point.

I’m not so sure about being at a wildly differently price point when a 2203 is 3500 bucks.

Everyone and their mother sellls Marshall clones now anyways. It’s our fault they are selling fridges and headphones

Everyone and their mother sellls Marshall clones now anyways. It’s our fault they are selling fridges and headphones
To me, there's not a single thing wrong with them selling merch. As long as there are also releasing great amps. The only reason people chafe about the merch is because the amps are not great and they feel like the company doesn't seem to care about making a great Marshall ( not counting reissues).
It is Marshall's fault that the Clone Market exploded when they did such a serious price hike back in the early 2000s. That and their Flagship models were leaving a lot to be desired for Marshall purists . They left a gap and capitalism abbhores a vaccum.

Marshall prices fixed in U.S.A. and probably anywhere out of Europe are non sense, I am not sure of what is going on but in Europe their prices are reasonable. DSL and JVM very reasonable prices in Europe. Marshall overcharge in the classics/re-issues that actually are cheaper to be made but still the price in Europe does not get any close to boutique. Only in Europe!

Last edited:
Did JM have any kids? Did the family totally cash out?
The Marshall Family will own 24% of the newly formed Marshall Group. Victoria and Terry Marshall – heirs of legendary “Father of Loud” Jim Marshall (d. 2012), who founded the company with his son Terry in 1962 – together with Jim’s granddaughter Joanne Marshall-Price, Paul Marshall and the Marshall Charitable Trust will play key roles within the new entity to ensure the legacy of the famous Marshall sound and brand. Terry and Victoria Marshall will join the board of Marshall Group.

Back