Marshall Sold to Another Company

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
I remember when I first started playing in the late 80s, having a Marshall amp was the dream. Now they ae the last company I look at for my amp needs. Kinda sad.
As a Marshall fan I'm worried, acquisitions like this can go one or two ways, good or bad. On the positive side though, maybe this will push them to move forward with some designs and updates. But frankly until another company can give me the tone that my Marshalls give me, I'll hang in there. I've yet to find a "stock" amp do so.

Coming soon: Marshall furniture

ba694c4697d370914fd415662a01167c.jpg

il_fullxfull.2647951957_fo8r.jpg

At least it is a Swedish company and not a Chinese one... though it is probably a Swedish company that belongs to a Chinese company but anyway..... they could just make variations of the same themes and keep killing it. plexis, 800's. Jubilee's. That's all they need really. Oh, and the guvnor reissue!

Marshall was a family business, and the founder of the company left us more than 10 years. If the family members are not talented or interested to running the company, the company start to loosing the profitability, and market share, in the worst scenario the company will bankrupt.
The family made the best decision to sell the majority of company to stronger company. The new owner is running in the music industry, and is very sucessfull. They need a Marshall legacy, and they will not degrade this value with less quality produtcs. Marshall sound is iconic like Gibson sound or Fender sound . Arround this status is the best to build lifestyle product range like Headphones, fridges, TV-s, forniture, cloths, shoes, audio players, foods, audio softwares ….. , which are more profitable as guitar amps.
Gibson, Fender is on the same way. It is not bad, because your lifestyle brand guitars, amps hold their value better, it helps for reborn of life music era, and help to survive these iconic hystorical music gear producers.

From mistakes of CBS, Norlin… learned the economy world.

I don't see this one really working out for the guitarist. When is the last time they came out with a new amp that wasn't a reissue or lunch box version of the bigger amps?

The big companies pretty much suck now. Marshall, Peavey, etc not really doing anything but dying. For all the shit that gets said about Gibson/mesa at least they are still coming out with new amps

At least it is a Swedish company and not a Chinese one... though it is probably a Swedish company that belongs to a Chinese company but anyway..... they could just make variations of the same themes and keep killing it. plexis, 800's. Jubilee's. That's all they need really. Oh, and the guvnor reissue!

Where do you think that Swedish company has their already-Marshall-branded products made?

Back