Mentoneman (Watso) I FINALLY put it all together, and WHOA!!

Zachman

Aloha everybody! It's been a little while since I've been able to relax, and just hang. Anyway, I FINALLY decided to change up my rig a bit, and replaced and added a couple of things-- I replaced the EVH-90 for an MXR Script logo Phase 90 w/ an LED and a power receptacle. I replaced my Marshall Bluesbreaker2 OD pedal, w/ an MXR/Dunlop 70TH Anniversary Hendrix Univibe pedal. I replaced my MXR old Blue AC powered 10 band geq, with an Arion SCH-1 Chorus pedal. Also replaced my Rocktron 300G rack compressor with a DBX 160A Compressor, and added a Dytronics CS5 Tri-Stereo Chorus (Which required a bit of rerouting, and reprogramming the RS10, but not that big of a deal).

So Pat-- yup, you are not going to believe how RIDICULOUS this thing sounds now. It's like the old days. I figure I will goof around for a little while after closing time, and before I know it-- it's 10PM. Just no sense of time when in the tone zone. I've started programming the PCM81, then I'll start mapping stuff later.

I also had a tech friend put together a JTM45/100 clone for me, used to be my Metro 12xxx. It's the white one without the logo.

IMG_0253_zps6310c081.jpg

778894_406434389443925_791787613_o.jpg

IMG_0256_zpsc244dbe2.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

HO BRAH!!! that rig belongs on a gold throne on diamond head overlooking waikiki as a beacon to wayward travellers!

i love you my tone hero braddah! must be so ridiculous to hear in person!!
i'm smiling just thinking about how much fun you are having---CLIPS!!!!!

:rock: :rock: :rock:

And the Atomica is getting the playtime :rock: What a fun amp... mine gets most of the playtime as well.

Aloha Zachman... I love Hawaii sooo much! There is nothing more that is needed in that pic except maybe a beer fridge and some titties...

Lol thats alot of stuff. Would like to hear.

What brand guitar is the purple strat right behind the evh?

maddnotez":2057xw6h said:
Lol thats alot of stuff. Would like to hear.

What brand guitar is the purple strat right behind the evh?

That is a Zion Radicaster. The other 3 guitars are all GMW's

mentoneman":245wleo8 said:
HO BRAH!!! that rig belongs on a gold throne on diamond head overlooking waikiki as a beacon to wayward travellers!

I am going slowly-- learning and programming the PCM81. Then I'll move on to blending combinations and finally MIDI mapping all the new recipes for real time switchable fun. Actually, the "Finally" will be when I get setup to do real w/d/w recordings.

On a separate note, Mark Weitz sent me 2 new songs, and is very excited about doing a recording project.

jcmlespaul":2jlgbpgn said:
:shocked: need to get my playing to a level of that rig worthiness

Meh, I'm not worthy, but can tell you-- you don't have to be-- to enjoy the fun! ;)

MichaelG":24bix0eu said:
And the Atomica is getting the playtime :rock: What a fun amp... mine gets most of the playtime as well.

Aloha Zachman... I love Hawaii sooo much! There is nothing more that is needed in that pic except maybe a beer fridge and some titties...

Aloha, yes, I am going to get one of those Marshall refrigerators.

032112_marshall_fridge_t.jpg

Zachman":1kz3kwqn said:
mentoneman":1kz3kwqn said:

I am going slowly-- learning and programming the PCM81. Then I'll move on to blending combinations and finally MIDI mapping all the new recipes for real time switchable fun. Actually, the "Finally" will be when I get setup to do real w/d/w recordings.

On a separate note, Mark Weitz sent me 2 new songs, and is very excited about doing a recording project.
brah i hung out with gary carter at namm!
hes doing incredibly well and he is the drummer for the project.
and im sure i could get james(tower or power) or dean ( hiroshima) to track too

just sayin:)

mentoneman":1ub3x75n said:
Zachman":1ub3x75n said:
mentoneman":1ub3x75n said:

brah i hung out with gary carter at namm!
hes doing incredibly well and he is the drummer for the project.
and im sure i could get james(tower or power) or dean ( hiroshima) to track too

just sayin:)

Wow, That's someone I haven't seen in YEARS!! KILLER drummer!

Marks best friend is the drummer for Corn, maybe we can get him to track too. So many possibilities... we'll see

stephen sawall":1tgqhyyy said:
That rig is amazing by any standards.... :)

:cheers: I feel blessed that I still play for the same reason I started playing.... I LOVE it! The rig has been a life long pursuit, and I am happy to have the rig in my shop for guys who want to not only see the Lambo exhibit, but be able to sit in and drive it too. Fun stuff, watching them ALL light up and play with such passion. Sharing is fun. ;) :thumbsup:

is the jtm doing the "thing"?
that cool hendrix/srv bluesy bubbly twangy grit and rolls off to glassy clean!
kick on the vibe and ooh lah lah :D

also curious to hear which amp you use for the tristereo chorus clean sound...fender or mark III clean?

mentoneman":d7r6ecaq said:
is the jtm doing the "thing"?
that cool hendrix/srv bluesy bubbly twangy grit and rolls off to glassy clean!
kick on the vibe and ooh lah lah :D

also curious to hear which amp you use for the tristereo chorus clean sound...fender or mark III clean?

Been playing more w/ the Landau Tales tones, and such recently. ...Fender FTW... NAILS it in SPADES... You know-- THE tone. SCAREY Good.... :yes: :D

BTW, the TSC is MAGICAL on clean, and distorted tones. Ridiculous.

Re: the 45/100-- Just waiting on a little part to adjust the negative feedback and I'll have another go at it. Gotta try w/ a TS9 in front of it too, for that Vintage Rock tone.

don't stop now brah, the recording thing has got to be part of this push forward--i'll give you till the end of the month to have it set up

:D
(..what are brothers for..but to push you ahead to better things!)

Back