Metallica just announced new album in November...

First listen/reactions:
  • Sounds thrashy cool
    The solo sounded great but the conclusion almost sounded like he ran out of ideas so just held a note and got out early lol
    I can't believe Lars pulled off that double bass at the 3:03 mark
    Please don't do another unforgiven on this disc

Nice!! :rock:
Funny thing Metallica thread today. Was at the store earlier and picked up Master of Puppets on CD.
I own it already but not sure where it is. Was jonesing for some Thrash!! :rock: :LOL: :LOL:

crankyrayhanky":3ftezo9d said:
First listen/reactions:
  • Sounds thrashy cool
    The solo sounded great but the conclusion almost sounded like he ran out of ideas so just held a note and got out early lol
    I can't believe Lars pulled off that double bass at the 3:03 mark
    Please don't do another unforgiven on this disc

Agreed. Solo was passable. Nothing mind blowing.
EVERYTHING else was killer. Short fast and sweet. Vocals on point. And the production sounds great.

Double disc baby!!! Some cool song titles as well.... only heard hardwired on phone but it got my heart beating a bit :rock: Hope the production, sound and mix is better than DM.... hard to tell on my phone. Thursday is a damn good day!! Dig the artwork and vid as well.

Best Metallica I have heard in a while. Nothing that they haven't topped before but I would much rather hear them going back to the thrash vs something else.

The Solo was definitely missing a run lol. Pretty cool though.

Production is good, thrashy as fuck and to the point. Well done. Will be a great show opener.

I think this will be a very good record.

Better than I thought it would be. I still wish they'd tighten up their rhythm tone, it sounds too gluey, or something. Agh, at least they will help the metal business along by carrying the torch for a while.

Meh. Sounded okay, but not very memorable IMO. Didn't stand out as anything special. Still hopeful there will be a couple of gems throughout the rest of the album though.

Back