Michael Schenker Video

5150clone

Stock Marshalls, (probably rentals) Boss pedals and a crybaby. No Pedalboard with true bypass loops etc. etc. LOL.... tone is in the hands!!!!

Most guitarists I cant watch too long....Schenker....I can watch him play all day. :rock:
Love his style, phrasing....everything.
Never tire of it.
Speed runs at the right time.....dont over play. Awesome. ;)

Great to see Michael taking care of himself and on top of his game after all those years struggling with the bottle. He has been on a good roll for quite a while now. Been diggin his playing since I first heard the Lights Out record back in the day. That album still has some of my favorite playing and songwriting on it.

gtrwun":2s79r5km said:
Great to see Michael taking care of himself and on top of his game after all those years struggling with the bottle. He has been on a good roll for quite a while now. Been diggin his playing since I first heard the Lights Out record back in the day. That album still has some of my favorite playing and songwriting on it.

I don't think that video is very current. Schenker is thinner now, older and always wears a beanie now. But i've aeen him twice in the last several months and his playing is definitely quite stellar these days.

Bob Savage":240n6rvz said:
gtrwun":240n6rvz said:

I don't think that video is very current. Schenker is thinner now, older and always wears a beanie now. But i've aeen him twice in the last several months and his playing is definitely quite stellar these days.
Its from 2011. some instructional video he did...

Mailman1971":2i0qbnr6 said:
Most guitarists I cant watch too long....Schenker....I can watch him play all day. :rock:
Never tire of it.
Couldn't say it any better than that :thumbsup:

Mailman1971":3iw9y05o said:
Never tire of it.

Same here... it's almost like i know the scales he is playing but he makes it sound so f-cking cool. He's so unique, nobody has his phrasing. I wish i played like that. Him and Warren Demartini.. two guys who i know are playing reltively simpe shit but who just bring it to life.

I liked that more than I thought I might. He is definitely the real deal when it comes to hard rock guitar players.

You can tell it isn't his best tone but yet he makes it sound like him... not sure if it is his pick attack or vibrato but he makes everything sound like the wah is in half cocked position even though it may not be on. He's simply awesome. Is this clip with the 2205's? He makes those sound really good.

Saw him in 1989 at the Great Southern Music Hall in Orlando. (Same venue where Pat Travers recorded Live! Go For What You Know). MSG made it through 2 songs when some idiot set fire to a trash can in the bathroom! :boxer: The band decided to move the rest of the show to a bar in Longwood, but Michael refused to play since they of-course served alcohol. Luckily his co-guitarst knew every song front-to-back, note-for-note. Except for my bandmate getting arrested for peeing on the trunk of an unmarked police car, it was a pretty good night. :)

Back