MXR Flanger/Doubler Pedal $333.00

  • Thread starter Thread starter PurityS.L.G
  • Start date Start date
Cool sounding pedal. Never had the slightest interest in flangers until the DECO came out, but that wasn't exactly a standard sounding one. And now this one comes out sounding great I'm thinking like... well maybe I could fit in a flanger in the background or something here and there lol.

The doubler mode sounds cool too. Glad the market is finally coming out with a few of those in pedal format instead of the Mimiq being the only game in town.
 
Last edited:
Seems pretty seriously over priced. $250 seems more realistic. $333 puts me into Spaceman territory and tbh I'm not seeing anything radically better about the doubling this pedal provides. Actually not seeing anything better about it, period. They are counting on MXR and Dime fan boy sales. Ain't gonna be me for that kinda dough.
 
They are counting on MXR and Dime fan boy sales. Ain't gonna be me for that kinda dough.

The dirtnap darrell fanboys are absolutely batshit insane - check the prices on Washburn Culprits or Sledge MLs

It's insanely overpriced at 333$ and i'm sure they will sell out in 43 seconds because pantera superfans are some of the markinest marks in the guitar world

For everyone like us, that is more concerned with making our own music than being a grown man fanboy, I'm guessing this will pass like a fart in the wind
 
It's insanely overpriced at 333$ and i'm sure they will sell out in 43 seconds because pantera superfans are some of the markinest marks in the guitar world
Well Pantera fans are entering the maximum disposable income era of their lives so the timing makes sense but if it was priced a little more sanely they'd probably move a lot more units. I'm guessing once they milk it for max $ the price will drop and it'll remain in stock. I paid $279 for a used Meridian which is a damn pricey unit but still, could probably find another for less than the MXR if I bide my time assuming I wanted a redundant board.
 
I don't care about the Dime associations; I see this pedal as an interesting and useful tool from a legendary company.
(Aside from a vintage block logo Blue Box, where I just got the RI version as a place-holder, I got a full vintage MXR pedal collection, with boxes and manuals, so sure, I'm biased... :geek: )

But yeah, way too expensive for an 'exotic' effect, unlike a delay that you usually use more often.
 

Attachments

  • MXR Pedals.jpg
    MXR Pedals.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
I think it sounds good, and I could see getting one... but I will wait until there is a sale, lol.
 
They gotta milk the fanboys for all they're worth, unfortunately
Surprised they didn't "special edition" the first few hundred units and then knock $75 off the price for the "regular" model just to keep sales popping. I'm in at $250 but it's a hard no for me at nearly $350 bucks.
 
Surprised they didn't "special edition" the first few hundred units and then knock $75 off the price for the "regular" model just to keep sales popping. I'm in at $250 but it's a hard no for me at nearly $350 bucks.

It's not for me either way

But i'm honestly surprised they aren't charging more than 350 bucks lol

The used dime stuff is absolutely insane - and not just guitars, try and find an old randall solid state head or the mxr rack EQ or whatever

It's completely nuts
 
It's not for me either way

But i'm honestly surprised they aren't charging more than 350 bucks lol

The used dime stuff is absolutely insane - and not just guitars, try and find an old randall solid state head or the mxr rack EQ or whatever

It's completely nuts
It wouldn't surprise me if they were but $333 is probably a record for a new MXR pedal....yup, just checked, it is. I get inflation but c'mon make it $275....

Normally MXR stuff has been good quality gear at reasonable pricing. I guess they just stepped up their game. It better be dang good is all I can say. Demo seemed solid, but not anything mindblowing. Like you said, nail those Dime fanboys for a chunk of their paycheck.
 
I also have a hard time being interested in such new pedal at this price; I mean, the original rack unit is a true classic and great sounding, but why would I pay such $$ (380€ for us in Europe btw) when I could get for same price or less most 80's original rack early digital delays that can do so much more and I'd bet sound better?
Do we have a true A/B comparison of this new pedal VS the actual original old rack unit? I'd be surprised it behaves the same.
Better wait for some used gear to try this out anyway.
 
The Universal Audio Astra offers the MXR Flanger/Doubler and more pedals for the same price. In Europe it is even cheaper than this new MXR pedal. I would be interested to try this pedal, but not for this price. The retro trend towards famous analog products of the past is driving profit margins today that border on an insult to the customer.
 
It wouldn't surprise me if they were but $333 is probably a record for a new MXR pedal....yup, just checked, it is. I get inflation but c'mon make it $275....

Normally MXR stuff has been good quality gear at reasonable pricing. I guess they just stepped up their game. It better be dang good is all I can say. Demo seemed solid, but not anything mindblowing. Like you said, nail those Dime fanboys for a chunk of their paycheck.
Agreed, I think this is more marketed at the Dime fanboys. Pedal sounds good but not sure I would have a use for it personally
 

Similar threads

Back
Top