NAD! (SLO content)

Mesa\Kramer

Really loving it so far except for the POS effects loop

8788543865_0c5fa641ef_b.jpg

8799133262_5c475044b1_c.jpg

I've never had a problem with the loop. As long as you're using rack gear, you should be fine. If you're trying to run pedals in the loop, you might have some problems. My SDE3000 and/or my Chandler Echo sounds great in the loop.

HNAD!

The only problme I ever had with the SLO loop was switching from Overdrive to Clean with a delay in the loop. Makes a loud "boom" of delay signal. :aww:

Congrats! Love my SLO. Loop works find with rack gear. I never switch channels, so haven't run into any problems.

It's not channel switching per se': crunch to lead is fine. It's clean to OD that screws you up.
If you want to use pedals the Suhr MiniMix is the cure unless you have the odd pedal that can be set to rack +4 level like a Boss DD20 or the TC Hall of Fame/Flashback.

Congrats! :rock:

Your first SLO?

I have no idea why I just don't buy another one and call it day. :doh:

Your going to need volume or get the TN Live to get the goods.

Congrats on the amp. Boo Hoo on the loop, read up and study. Come on man, you have the internet to read into anything. It doesnt work good with a piece of shit Boss pedal or other cheap pedals. Get a TC Flashack or Eventide or even a T-Rex Replica. The loop works great if you use quality gear with it. Best amp made!!!!!!!!! Enjoy that amp and crank it, it gets better the louder you go baby!!!!

Mesa\Kramer":3dpoo5g2 said:
Really loving it so far except for the POS effects loop
8788543865_0c5fa641ef_b.jpg

Congrats; nice amp! :thumbsup:

You should try to track down an Egnater Loop Level Matcher (a.k.a. "Loop Gadget"). These things are awesome and I am really surprised Bruce has not continued to build them. They really can make just about any loop decent to great, and allow you to match your loop with whatever type of FX you are using (i.e., pedal or rack). An added bonus is that each of the Send and Return on the unit are buffered, which helps with long cable runs from your amp to front of stage (or a rack).

A more serious measure would be to have the loop moved in the circuit to be post-master volume, but maybe you don't want some local tech toying around with your masterpiece?......

Anyways, good luck with the loop, and enjoy the amp! :rock:

Yeah I know about the rack gear thing.

Just seems that anything put in the loop thins things out a bit.

Gonna keep reading and working with it, as the straight in tone is awesome

Congrats, I'm absolutely loving mine

Random question but if your tubes are lit up, why isn't your power light lit up? Just curious...

congrats on the SLO. With all this SLO love I thought I would let you guys know I am willing to sell one if any of you are looking. Let me know.

rlord1974":3u16resn said:
A more serious measure would be to have the loop moved in the circuit to be post-master volume, :rock:

:confused: Then every time you turned the master up or down you would effect the level going to your fx unit - that is not good. ;)

The Himmelstrutz Feckto works in the loop to match pedals or rack units as well - again discontinued, but a great piece if you can find one.

Leveraged Sellout":2g0rk3rh said:
Congrats, I'm absolutely loving mine

Random question but if your tubes are lit up, why isn't your power light lit up? Just curious...

50 reply posts across a number of different forums and Finally someone noticed that :LOL: :LOL:

Just the jewel light is burned out. :D

rlord1974":1p70oo4z said:
...track down an Egnater Loop Level Matcher...
Bingo. I used to have a stock SLO and one that was loaded up with mods, and the Eg worked like a champ with both. It's an absolute must if you're going to use pedals in any SLO loop.

fa8e9380.jpg

Back