NAD!!

shane159

So I picked up the Einstein. Man this amp has balls, and is the loudest 50 watt amp that I have ever played. It's louder than my KT88 loaded 20th Ann Shiva. This one has the Kruse control 4 channel/ dekompression mod so all the modes are footswitchable. There is a dial in the back to adjust the compression, all the way off put it in at full compression/stock mode, but I keep it turned all the way right so it removes most of the compression. This mod makes a huge difference and I don't see how anyone would like it in stock mode with the compression, it's unusable for me. This amp is probably the best metal amp that I have ever played. The clean and Texas mode are where I will stay in this amp if I decide to keep it. The Texas mode is JMP/JCM 800 all day! I suck at recording so I'm going to shoot some iPhone vids Tuesday at rehearsal and if any are ok I'll post them up. The demos online do not do this amp any justice, you have to be in the room and feel this thing to appreciate it. I'm not sure that I'll keep it at this point because I love my JMP. I just got the deal of a lifetime with this one so I may trade it, but we will see.

Rezamatix":oro7cyw9 said:
congrats! that serial number should be checked with Peter Diezel on the subforum here. its definitely not #2 of 57, its probably a 2007 model.
I already checked, it is 002/057 of Einstein V1.2 It was put together May 4th 2006.

Congrats!!

I thought about picking up an Einstein up off Reverb a while back but blew my wad on another guitar instead.

I usually prefer 100 watters myself, but this one actually holds up well with the band. I can only imagine what the 100 watt would be like. This 50 watt is louder than my KT88 loaded 20th Ann Shiva, so the 100 watt Einstein would probably knock down walls! :rock:

The Texas mode was my favorite as well.
Nowadays, Channel 2 is my favorite channel on the VH4.
I use it with overdrive. It has some real integrity to it. Really balanced & rich & not compressed. The Texas mode was very similar.

If I were to own one again i'd get the Einstein modded. I'd have the clean mode flipped over to Channel 2 so that it was independent from the drive channels.

Back