NCD

headlessdeadguy

Picked up this Splawn loaded with Scumbacks (unsure of the models) from Laura for a great price.
This thing sounds amazing. Super pronounced low end. Tried it out with my 6505+ last night and it just crushes. This is the first cab I’ve found to rival my Avatar.
IMG_0141.png

awesome. my avatar cab is killer as well. traditional with v30's. not sure if it's because it's in that road case but it rips. I like it better than the Marshall mode 4 sitting beside it. Laura? Valve queen Laura?
Yeah. The one and only. We’ve been friends for 35+ years. My Avatar is just badass. I could t tell you how many cabs have came and gone. I still have a respectable stable of cabs but there is something special about it. I was told years ago that it was the exact same as the Bogner Ubercab just rear loaded. Of course I got called out and told it was bullshit. lol. I wouldn’t trade it for 2 Mesa cabs. I’ve had 2 traditional and 3 OS and they are all gone.

Hey man - forgot to chime in.
I loved my Avatar 212 as well.
Laura is good people.
Bought my =C= pair from her.
Unless she/someone swapped out the speakers I'm going to guess they are Small Blocks. Similar to 55w Greenbacks. If you get around to it, take one of the side handles off and see if you can get a pic?
Congrats. Enjoy. :cheers:

I got a Splawn cab with Small Blocks also and it rips. It might be the best cab I've ever owned. Definitely take a peak at the speakers and see what you got in there.

And to clarify, those cabs could be ordered with other speakers (Big Blocks and V30s in particular) but most were shipped with Small Blocks (at that time made by Eminence/or WGS).

I got a Splawn cab with Small Blocks also and it rips. It might be the best cab I've ever owned. Definitely take a peak at the speakers and see what you got in there.
I have another Splawn with Small Blocks. They don't sound the same. Laura took the Jackplate off and they are Scumbacks. I don't recall the models but they are 2 different types of Scumbacks in an x pattern

Nice snag! Be interesting know which Scumbacks are in there.

I have 2 avatars..love them....front load straight 4x12 with Legends and a 2x12 with Neo Creambacks...both quality cabs.

There's just something about a good speaker blend cab. X-pattern on slants and whatever you want on straights.

Honestly you should have kept your mesa cabs and used them for some blends, not that splawn and avatar aren't top-notch builds also. I love my avatar 212 sig w/k100. Great cab by itself or combined with my mesa 212.

Back