New amp and guitar this week! Quilter and Balaguer content.

diocide

:doh: Ever since the Balaguer gear fest, I hadn’t been eyeballing a Hyperion Standard Joe had left from a run. He has two for sale at his shop and I expressed that if no one else bought it, I would snag one of them.

lol and behold, it’s now mine!

gkEcdvg.jpg

Y8p79A6.jpg

NvozuK8.jpg

PmBKChX.jpg

This thing is awesome. I had Joe set it up in D standard and I love it. Very comfy and the single pickup makes it a nice and easy pick up and play guitar.

After the last post I had about Quilters, I decided to give one a shot. Found a used Micro Block on Reverb and shot them a best offer, which was accepted. Got it for 115$ shipped.

Color me impressed. This thing is loud enough to keep up with most drummers no prob. It also stays smooth even when turned up. It doesn’t do that typical SS thing where it gets grating or ice picky at higher volumes. It takes pedals really well.

I ran my Balaguer into my new Illumination+ Distortion Pedal and then into the Quilter. Used my orange cab.

I’m a believer. The Quilter sounds great and I’d encourage anyone looking for a fly rig to check them out. It’s perfect for a pedal platform IMO. I’m going to tak some more videos and sound clips in the next week, using different pedals. I’ll post them up as I record them.

Patrick Quilter did a good job making his amps. I like my toneblock 201. Really good design and sound. Takes OD/distortion pedals well in the front.

shred-o-holic":22e7jase said:
Patrick Quilter did a good job making his amps. I like my toneblock 201. Really good design and sound. Takes OD/distortion pedals well in the front.
Agreed. I was skeptical, but it’s really a great sounding unit. I hope it holds up over time.

Awesome!! I should be getting a 101 mini today and the Herbert pedal tomorrow. Just getting tired of and too old to be carrying gear around unless it is worth it.

Have wanted a Balaguer for a while too. I really wanted one of those Overlord's but now they are gone and a 7 for me was just a luxury and the timing wasn't right. One of these days I will get one.

Congrats though man, they are nice sounding guitars.

MetalHeadMike":3cdzoxyh said:
Hell yeah man! Congrats on the axe, that looks badass :rock:

Thanks!

maddnotez":3cdzoxyh said:
Awesome!! I should be getting a 101 mini today and the Herbert pedal tomorrow. Just getting tired of and too old to be carrying gear around unless it is worth it.

Have wanted a Balaguer for a while too. I really wanted one of those Overlord's but now they are gone and a 7 for me was just a luxury and the timing wasn't right. One of these days I will get one.

Congrats though man, they are nice sounding guitars.

That Overlord was sick. I got to play it at Fear The Riff.

You’ll dig that Quilter, I’m sure.

Back