New amp at LA Amp Show - Shredplate

ampjunkie

Did anyone get to hear this? The camera has major phasing issues, but you can tell there's serious tone there

I aint gonna lie, that first vid had me reaching for my wallet, phasing and all. I had to be talked off the ledge, but still very interested to hear this thing in person.

ampjunkie":1523kf4f said:
I saw those threads ... but I figured there would be a better chance that someone here has played it....

Redplate amps are one of TGP's darlings, they get alot of fanfare over there. :yes:

I played it when I tried all the Red Plates. I walked in with my jazzmaster while there was a 'jam' going on. I 'jammed' for about 5 minutes and then everyone left and I was the only guitar player in the room. So I walked the gauntlet of Red Plate amps. The Shredplate sounded GREAT but with my giant single-coil Jazzmaster pickups, I totally had the wrong guitar for it. I could tell if I had a guitar with humbuckers in it, it could be absolutely amazing.

On a side note, the new Kirk Fletcher Model is a STUPIDLY good amp. I've never heard such a huge sound out of such a small package...it was kind of a mindfuck to be honest.

Hope that helps.

I have a feeling they may have been overlooked, because up to this point, the Redplates were all about Fender and Dumble .... so I can totally see how someone would bypass the room altogether if they were a rocker/metal guy ...

Sounds really really good... but I guess that's what happens when you stuff 10 preamp tubes in an amp :LOL: :LOL: ..I kid of course, I don't know how many preamp tubes there are or gain stages but it sounds like it has a shit load of gain.

I like amp demos to be mostly straight guitar into amp. I dont know what I am hearing being that they have a giant pedal board in front.

joepete77":19u4g46u said:
I like amp demos to be mostly straight guitar into amp. I dont know what I am hearing being that they have a giant pedal board in front.

I totally agree. It looks like there is only a delay on though. That tone is ripping!

Back