New Hagen Day!

6501892373_a40902866a_b.jpg

Still waiting on Wild West to ship a matching cab though so I'm running it through a CAA 212 loaded with Celestion Blackbacks. Sounds killer regardless. Absolutely massive low end that's always tight. Took all of a few minutes to dial in something killer. Awesome low mids, doesn't get fizzy regardless of how I set it. Best amp ever. Hands down.

Ventura":311mbsh5 said:
Congratz Braddah...

So, whaddya think?? Still got yer socks on?? :D

Uncle Mo

I've been playing it for hours straight at this point. Such an addictive feel. Like, it's crazy articulate even with the gain cranked but for some reason it seems easier to play than any other amp I've played/owned. It's just all around perfect. The 4 channels can hit pretty much any tone my other amps can, save for the fuzzy/woolly stuff my Thunderverb can do. Even the cleans are easily on par or better than my OD100's and those are about the best I've found in a high gain head. I've had to turn it down a bit since it's getting late and it's even one of the best low volume amps I've played. :LOL: :LOL: Unbelievably awesome. Peter really knocked it out of the park with this one.

I had a couple complaints when playing the VH4, namely it was too dry, didn't have enough low mid push and it just felt a bit clinical to me. None of those complaints with the Hagen, nor any others. Just huge, fat distortion that remains articulate regardless of how much gain you pile on. I've been playing with NOS pres and settled on a Telefunken for V1 but everything else sounds just perfect as is.

Funny story when I first turned it on. I plugged in all of my FX through the parallel loop but forgot to set the mix to 100% wet on them and was getting a tone similar to my Hartman Flanger on fixed mode. I was like, bad ass. Now how do I turn off the flange effect? :LOL: :LOL: Then I realized what I had done wrong when I looked at my board. Kinda cool sound though, I'll have to keep it in mind for future reference.

Oh and for cool points, this used to be Uncle Steve's Hagen. :rock:

Congrats ..I love mine ..BTW the CAA cab wasn't designed at all for those speakers and I also do not think that those are the right match for this amp whatever the cab ,IMHO ...I use mine with a Port City 2x12 with V30's and it is terrific :rock:
Now I admit I'd love to try the Diezel RL212 :D

B.

Well, it sounds killer through them and I get compliments on the CAA whenever I bring it out. I've got a Diezel 412 on the way though so I've got something that can handle the Hagen cranked up.

mmolteratx":17owph57 said:
Well, it sounds killer through them and I get compliments on the CAA whenever I bring it out. I've got a Diezel 412 on the way though so I've got something that can handle the Hagen cranked up.

I have sold dozens of those as dealer and tried them with about everything ,GB's ,G12H65's ,Scumbacks H's and M's ,Classic lead etc ,etc.. also with what Suhr recommended as an alternative to V30's..either Eminence gov's or WGS Veteran's..every time the V30 cabs sounded better to me .. and to others ..all other speakers made the cab scoopier...now to everyone its own but I think you're gonna love the Diezel 4x12 much more with the Hagen ...is it V30's loaded ? :)

B.

Bdg36":2j5f957q said:
mmolteratx":2j5f957q said:

I have sold dozens of those as dealer and tried them with about everything ,GB's ,G12H65's ,Scumbacks H's and M's ,Classic lead etc ,etc.. also with what Suhr recommended as an alternative to V30's..either Eminence gov's or WGS Veteran's..every time the V30 cabs sounded better to me .. and to others ..all other speakers made the cab scoopier...now to everyone its own but I think you're gonna love the Diezel 4x12 much more with the Hagen ...is it V30's loaded ? :)

B.

Ya, the 412 is loaded with V30s. And no question it's gonna be better with the V30 loaded Diezel cab. Just saying, it sounds great even as is right now. It could use a bit more upper mid push though and I think the V30s will solve that no problem. I totally understand what you're saying, I've just had pretty good results running pretty much any amp through the Blackbacks.

Funny enough I was the second guy to have V30's loaded Marshall 4x12 in this country early 90's..I got them to replace two original 4x12 loaded with blackback's ..those cabs were used at the monsters of Rock in Paris and the guitar player from Faith no more wanted to buy them
As far as I remember they were very smooth and dark sounding compared to the V30 cabs..now new speakers sound terrible..they really need to be broken in
Are you getting FL or RL ?

B.

Bdg36":3elshx5k said:
Funny enough I was the second guy to have V30's loaded Marshall 4x12 in this country early 90's..I got them to replace two original 4x12 loaded with blackback's ..those cabs were used at the monsters of Rock in Paris and the guitar player from Faith no more wanted to buy them
As far as I remember they were very smooth and dark sounding compared to the V30 cabs..now new speakers sound terrible..they really need to be broken in
Are you getting FL or RL ?

B.

RL. Looks like it's not going to be here until next Tuesday though when I'm supposed to be heading out of town for Christmas on Monday. So I've got to stick around an extra day or two so I can play it before I get back after Christmas. :LOL: :LOL:

mmolteratx":1nep22jn said:
Ventura":1nep22jn said:
Congratz Braddah...

So, whaddya think?? Still got yer socks on?? :D

Uncle Mo

I've been playing it for hours straight at this point. Such an addictive feel. Like, it's crazy articulate even with the gain cranked but for some reason it seems easier to play than any other amp I've played/owned.

I had a couple complaints when playing the VH4, namely it was too dry, didn't have enough low mid push and it just felt a bit clinical to me. None of those complaints with the Hagen, nor any others. Just huge, fat distortion that remains articulate regardless of how much gain you pile on.

Oh and for cool points, this used to be Uncle Steve's Hagen. :rock:
Why the hell did Steve become a defector?? Bad Steve, BAD!!

Whatever, it's a killer amp for sure... This 'playability' you speak of. I call it greasiness - and man, this amp has got it in spades!! Glad you're loving it. Enjoy!!

Back