Update: Omega Granophyre

  • Thread starter Thread starter FourT6and2
  • Start date Start date
I have both. Everyone loves the grano, the obsidian I think is pickier about speakers and such. With a boost on the crunch channel I really dig it. Kind of reminds me of a ultra lead in a way but not as dry.

I would love to try an Obsidian. I'm weary of buying one without playing though, because I already have a KSR Orthos and I have an educated feeling they're quite similar.
 
I would love to try an Obsidian. I'm weary of buying one without playing though, because I already have a KSR Orthos and I have an educated feeling they're quite similar.
It’s similar but I have a feeling you won’t like the gain channel as much. To me it was a little less aggressive side by side. I sold the obsidian because I thought the grano just sounded better
 
It’s similar but I have a feeling you won’t like the gain channel as much. To me it was a little less aggressive side by side. I sold the obsidian because I thought the grano just sounded better
Didn't Kyle have a part in the making of the Obsidian? I've read that somewhere but I'm not sure exactly what role he played in it.
 
Didn't Kyle have a part in the making of the Obsidian? I've read that somewhere but I'm not sure exactly what role he played in it.

The PCBs of the Obsidian and the Orthos are mostly identical. And yes, Kyle's name is printed on it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CJ7
If u were gonna point someone to THE clip for how it sounds, which would u direct them to?

Unfortunately, I have yet to find a clip that depicts how these amps sound with my signal chain. But the clips Omega has on their own IG channel sound pretty good. Go to their channel and tap the "Studio Hangs" story icon. A couple of those sound decent. Other than that, hop on YT and I'm sure you'll find a ton.

This clip from Phil Pluskota sounds pretty rad though!

https://fb.watch/J4Igrbii7a/

And this is the same amp blended with a 5150:

https://fb.watch/J4Ib5jY5jT/
 
I have both. Everyone loves the grano, the obsidian I think is pickier about speakers and such. With a boost on the crunch channel I really dig it. Kind of reminds me of a ultra lead in a way but not as dry.
Hey could you message me? Made a new account but am interested in buying your SSL G Series compressor if it's still available. Thanks.
 
No shit. He wouldn’t be able to breathe in open space either.

But I suppose there is a spaseship involved somewhere in this equation 😂
A pet free, smoke free, climate controlled spaceship.
 
I once smoked an entire pack of Marlboro Reds while piloting a helicopter.
Good ol’ times. I bet I was too little to smoke at that time. Doesn’t look like it was a civil helicopter, was it?

Main thing to me is to have no guitars around while I do, and ofc not inside where I live 😁
 
Last edited:
Good ol’ times. I bet ai was too little to smoke at that time. Doesn’t look like it was a civil helicopter, was it?

Main thing to me is to have no guitars around while I do, and ofc not inside where I live 😁
The only thing I know about helicopters: if I DID fly one I would crash in spectacular fashion.
:LOL:
 
Back
Top