new maiden single/video

Sounds like a filler track from one of their later albums, not bad but also sort of meh. Hope it´s just a bad choice of lead single, or whatever you might call it these days.

It is true that the production reminds me of No Prayer for the Dying but I thought the song was pretty solid. Adrian always saves things with his leads. There might have been a sack of shit Janick solo in there or Dave is starting to play sloppy like Gers but I think a 7.75/10 here.The drums sound like REAL drums too!

I liked it alright, thought it was good, not the good melodic stuff though. I love the Heavy Metal (the movie) cartoon style, pretty cool.

I actually dont mind it
It is different for sure all the usual Maiden trademarks Steve bass
Nicko ride accents have definitely been toned down , the solo is still classic Maiden but the rest of the song is less their classic feel
I like it though the opening acoustic and then what sounds almost like an irish jig it much less dark and more upbeat to my ears

That's what I've noticed on the last few times I've seen 'em live. Sure, he does his signature legato runs, but it becomes too noodly, like a bad Gers-Malmsteen marriage, whereas Adrian seems to stick to his well phrased solo's more often.

Good point. I feel that Dave knows all the shapes of his solos but then just hammer on/off legatos the shit out of them to start and end them at the right time. It's all a mess. Used to be more structured for sure.

Adrian has just gotten better and better. Excellent player. One of my top 20 guitarists. His work on Bruce's solo stuff is incredible.

At first it sounded interesting. Different sound for them with the old school southern rock feel but it totally falls over when Bruce starts singing. Couldn’t believe he thought his traditional operatic style would work on that. Sounded incredibly out of place. Really thought I was going to hear Bruce stretch out and sing differently to match it somewhat. Either the music should have “Maidened up” when the singing kicked in or Bruce needed to sing with less Pavarotti and more Van Zandt…lol. The mix when the band kicked in was kind of bassy and hollow. Didn’t sound that great.

Back