new maiden single/video

I dunno. On one hand I am pumped at the prospect of a new Maiden song and upcoming album, but this one leaves me a bit cold. Like someone already said, the main riff in the verses have an almost Southern rock feel. Bruce sounds a bit "husky" or strained on this one, but perhaps that's nitpicking. They announced the album I think yesterday, it's called Senjutsu and looking at those track timings, there are a bunch of epics, so let's hope for some awesome playing akin to the past!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/iron-maiden-senjutsu-1198860/

Not a big fan of this. My guess is that it is a Smith/Dickinson track. Any idea on the writing credits? Hopefully some proper Harris bangers will carry this album.

I wish they were still the hard rock heavy metal band they used to be. Their mascot, Eddie, doesn't even fit with their style of music anymore. LOL.

I think they recorded this when Bruce had cancer, before treatment. Didn't he have tongue or throat cancer? May explain the huskiness, tho I believe that's as much to do with age as anything.
Who else is rocking this hard in their 60s?
Much less putting out a whole package.
The cartoon has cool little touches for longtime fans. Hopefully they do something equally cool with the album.
It would be great if the new album makes waves the like Tool album did.
I dunno. On one hand I am pumped at the prospect of a new Maiden song and upcoming album, but this one leaves me a bit cold. Like someone already said, the main riff in the verses have an almost Southern rock feel. Bruce sounds a bit "husky" or strained on this one, but perhaps that's nitpicking. They announced the album I think yesterday, it's called Senjutsu and looking at those track timings, there are a bunch of epics, so let's hope for some awesome playing akin to the past!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/iron-maiden-senjutsu-1198860/

I may pick up the vinyl for this. The package is sweet. Haven't heard the whole album yet. Who knows if they'll have another one.

For anyone interested, I got the vinyl.
This Maiden release is damn good.
I haven't liked much since 7th Son.
This one is worth getting.
There's the typical late Maiden Bruce droning, but it's joined with some good music. Flashes of 7th Son and Somewhere in Time.
Better than most of the BS out today.

For anyone interested, I got the vinyl.
This Maiden release is damn good.
I haven't liked much since 7th Son.
This one is worth getting.
There's the typical late Maiden Bruce droning, but it's joined with some good music. Flashes of 7th Son and Somewhere in Time.
Better than most of the BS out today.
I got it on cd. First disc is very good, don’t care much for the 2nd disc. I think they could have trimmed the songs on the 2nd disc and got it on one cd and it would have been stronger. Death of the celts in particular, easily my least favorite song on the album and drags on too long.

I´ve given it a few spins lately, and to me it blends in with the last four albums as having its moments but being pretty forgettable. But since their reunion the only good album to my ears was Brave New World, and that thing came out over twenty years ago and frighteningly enough is a mid-career album at this point. Jeez, time does fly...

Back