New Mastodon Record is awesome!!

Tone Merchant

Ive been rocking out to it for the past two days. I just text Bill from Mastadon yesterday to congratulate :rock: :rock: him for a kick ass album. He told me all his parts were recorded using the Friedman Browen Eye.

Tone Merchant":1fltyvrb said:
I just text Bill from Mastadon yesterday to congratulate :rock: :rock: him for a kick ass album. He told me all his parts were recorded using the Friedman Browen Eye.

Can of worms

They were the first band I ever saw live :rock: . I miss some of their earlier heavier stuff but I'm glad they aren't releasing the same album over and over.

A lot of people don't like the new stuff but me, personally, I love it. The stuff flows better and the drummer isn't over playing to amazingly overblown levels anymore.

RJF":19yymt0v said:
Cool song, but the guitar tone leaves a little to be desired IMHO. :confused: :confused:
Yeah it's pretty bad. It was aweful on the last album too. I dunno what happened to their tone.

I like Blood Mountain for guitar tones. But I don't particularly mind the tones on this album. I think they're fine

Mastodon albums are like Tool albums for me...they take a bit to sink in. But I've been playing this one multiple times a day since it was released and I have to say I love it. Much better then the Hunter...great songs as a whole....cool guitar parts...and the best vocals yet. I love any song that Brent or Brann sing on. Kinda over Troy's vocals though.....

I'm still undecided. I definitely like some songs, and I definitely agree with the fact that the more you listen to their songs, the more they sink in. It sounds more "classic rock" to me. I definitely like more songs off OMRTS compared to "The Hunter", but I like the arrangements from CTS better. Still listening...

Back