New song! (Larry content)

Awesome, really enjoyed that. Monday morning here so that woke me up good and proper! 🤘🏼

Man next time your holidaying down under, pack the Larry and swing by the vault!

Last edited:
This has taken a long time to get sorted, as I have been moving house, and the guest musicians took a while to get their parts done.

Thought the tones turned out great though! I'm not going for a "modern metal" sound, as far as the production, and I'm slowly working the kinks out. Ryan's stingray/ampeg bass tone sounds killer too. Brandon's solo tone (the end solo) maybe isn't my cup of tea but he's a great player. He used the Jason Richardson plugin.

My rhythms were my silverburst with tonenerd Roxy, straight into the Larry, Marshall t75, 57s in a fredman clip - my leads were the same rig except with my American strat with retroactives and a Strymon volante.

Listen to Angels Of Steel (Rough Mix) by dantravis62 on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/JdgF2

Sound killer. That amp is tight and articulate, and thick at the same time. Whoa! Recording of guitar was well done also. I am hoping to have a new recording setup done soon. I want to record. Well done bro!

Viva la gorilla gang!

Sounds great man, right up my alley.

With a Fredman clip, where are you positioning the 57’s on the T-75? Is the on axis mic dead center or what? I’ve usually liked the sound of a single 57 angled from the center out towards the cone a bit more than when I have tried to combine it with another on axis, but I like what you’ve got going on here.

With a Fredman clip, where are you positioning the 57’s on the T-75? Is the on axis mic dead center or what? I’ve usually liked the sound of a single 57 angled from the center out towards the cone a bit more than when I have tried to combine it with another on axis, but I like what you’ve got going on here.

dead on center and the off axis 6-10db lower is how ive gotten best results

Exactly what @RaceU4her said, although I generally have the off axis mix a bit hotter than he does. Generally 5db lower.

On axis dead nuts center

Sometimes I'll do an off axis 57 and then a straight on 421 on another speaker, as well, but this one was just 57s in a fredman clip

Back