New Warhead Amps SS Amplifier

Hmm... could be interesting. I've been thinking about getting another old Randall rg100es, but a lot of them have noise issues and other problems, and they've been selling for more than a grand lately.
 
It’s not on their site, but they showed a prototype of a 2 channel 200W SS amplifier with a built in 6 band graphic EQ.
They need to consult with Gary Sunda before he passes away and see how they can build an amp like the old RG100ES with currently available parts, like with big transformers and Class A/B. None of this class D shit.

I watched an interview with him and he says there is a certain way you need to build a solid state amp to get it to respond like a tube amp so he knows the secrets, I don't know why it is so hard for people to consult with him and pay him his consultation fee and pick his brain. He's probably love to do one more project for his legacy as Head Engineer at Randall Amps, Irvine California.
 
Hmm... could be interesting. I've been thinking about getting another old Randall rg100es, but a lot of them have noise issues and other problems, and they've been selling for more than a grand lately.
Me too. After getting some old Marshall Valvestates I started looking at old RG100ESs, but they are going for way too much.
 
Back
Top