NGD!

rbasaria

The Carvin has landed. FUCK. ME. It is fucking beautiful. I went and picked it up about half an hour ago. Got it home, took a few pictures, played through it a bit.

I bought some PW tuners for it, and some Loxx straplocks. Definitely gonna put the straplocks on pretty much immediately. Tuners I may just leave. The stock locking ones are really nice.

The Kiesel pickups are pretty awesome!! I was very surprised to hear how tight the bridge pickup is, given that its an A5 pickup, and I have yet to play an A5 that was tight enough for me in the low end. They sound really great. Very clear, nice and saturated. They have really nice balance. Definitely as good as any other pickup I've played. Neck pickup sounds great, too. Brighter than the Dominion neck, but very balanced. The Dominion neck is pretty dark.

So yeah...worth every penny. Not sure if I will get any clips up today. Had to pick it up because we are going to Miami today and tomorrow to see my mom for the 4th. But I didnt want it to sit in a fedex warehouse for 3 days.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/ninjaraf/thrashythirds-carvin[/soundcloud]

Carvin's photo:
11666300_1604229723193657_4702458666094982286_n_zps7wdsxj2q.jpg

Oh shit...what is this??
DSCN0338_zpstntqgkpg.jpg

These cases are fucking awesome. I've had one for my Horizon since they came out.
DSCN0339_zpsecyj0b0g.jpg

And there she is!!
DSCN0340_zpsegfl3k4k.jpg

Headstock. Guess its a Kiesel. Nice.
DSCN0341_zpsudsdqkdm.jpg

Body close up. Curves be nice!!
DSCN0342_zpslmtlhza3.jpg

Nice ass!!
DSCN0343_zpsdt4vgh9h.jpg

And an updated rig pic!
DSCN0344_zpswg5zt6qn.jpg

Oh yeah...I got that Mark V a couple weeks ago, too.

https://soundcloud.com/ninjaraf/thrashythirds-carvin-1

https://soundcloud.com/ninjaraf/new-3-carvin

Beautiful! I want a green guitar so bad. The Carvin/Kiesel factory and storefront is about a half hour away from me. Well, an hour and a half on the trolley. I've been avoiding going there because it will be a bit hard to walk out of there empty handed. I'm pretty good at putting gear down and walking away. I've only made 2-3 impulse purchases, and they were all sub $200...but I've always wanted to custom order a Carvin. The quality seems to have gotten even better now! If only they made explorers.

HNGD!

Its an incredible guitar. I absolutely love it!!

I will be selling that green Horizon...gonna be listing it tonight.

Yeah, I played a bunch over the years, usually at music stores. I also built a 7-string about 10 years ago using a Carvin premade neck.

Congrats!!
What is kiezel exactly?
Been hearing that a lot recently...especially on SSO.
Is it the name of the car in custom shop?

edit:
"In 2015, Carvin Corporation split into two distinct companies: Kiesel Guitars, which continues to build electric and acoustic guitars, MIDI synth guitars, bass guitars and other instruments under the Carvin Guitars name as well as new, Kiesel-badged instruments; and Carvin Amplifiers/Carvin Audio, which will continue to manufacture guitar and bass amplifiers and pro audio gear. Kiesel Guitars opened up sales globally following the split, which Carvin Amplifiers/Carvin Audio continue to use a dealer network for overseas sales."

So Kiezel is just the carvin we're all familiar with, except now they focus only on guitars...

Yeah, Jeff Kiesel is just rebranding Carvin to Kiesel...which is his last name. Makes sense, since the Kiesel family owns the company.

Thanks guys. This is definitely the best guitar I have ever played.

Back