( No Effects) New 4 & 5 Stage Hopkins High Gain Modded Marshall

Is this an Aldrich-ish type mod? I have a 75’ JMP 50w with an Aldrich mod and it sounds kind of similar. Sorry if it’s not, I just heard the clip and it reminded me of it.

Clip sounds great.

Is this an Aldrich-ish type mod? I have a 75’ JMP 50w with an Aldrich mod and it sounds kind of similar. Sorry if it’s not, I just heard the clip and it reminded me of it.

Clip sounds great.

No Sir. That is Mark Cameron’s mod so I would not do that. The grids are all fed quite differently though the Aldrich too is a non cathode follower high gain amp.

I owned 3 and passed them on. I have a custom one off Cantrell/Snorkler Mark did. The owner dumped it off at a Sam Ash. I heard it with my Son (both play better than I) & we knew it was special. $1400 out the door.

It is a family heirloom now along with a few other items and amps.

Not changing the subject but this Amp that I’m keeping is phenomenal & is the best Cameron I’ve ever heard… Ever.

So, to close the circle no I’m not doing Mark’s mods or anyone else’s

Thanks for the compliment. I try to ensure none of my work is fizzy even in the least bit.

David

Last edited:
Sounds great! Thick as FUCK!

I wanted to note that I regularly enjoy your bands CD's you sent me last fall. Especially the first of two CD's.

Sounds great! Thick as FUCK!

I wanted to note that I regularly enjoy your bands CD's you sent me last fall. Especially the first of two CD's.
Hello skullfxr

I appreciate all of the threat words my friend. Thank you.

Glad you dig the new circuit.

David

That sounds really good. The lows sound nicely tuned such that they are firm without being boomy. Sometimes Depth controls add too much sub stuff but this just sounds good n punchy.

That sounds really good. The lows sound nicely tuned such that they are firm without being boomy. Sometimes Depth controls add too much sub stuff but this just sounds good n punchy.

Thank you. I set a fixed resonance myself just like this though each amp is different I use my ears to dial it in. If the customer prefers it on a pot of course I comply after discussion.

I appreciate the listen and posting.

David Hopkins

Back