Ok...... What ya listening to?

It’s funny, I’ve been digging back into the 70s and real early 80s stuff (like pre Quiet Riot, Ratt, Dokken, etc) , been digging on Pat Travers, Molly Hatchett, Blackfoot, Aldo Nova, REO Speedwagon, Donny Iris, Billy Squire, Boston, Foreigner, Cheap Trick, Aerosmith (Rock in a Hard Place !), Joe Perry Project, Journey pre Jonathon Cain, Kansas, Pat Benatar (when she rocked), Queen, Rainbow, Robin Trower, Triumph, and Y & T pre Summertime girls.

Y & T was one of the first 'outside the box' bands I listened to when I was 14...a buddy who was showing me some things on guitar used to play the whole "Mean Streak" album front to back. Great stuff.

I recorded the MTV Y&T Friday night concert and watched it A LOT. Meniketti is a badass. That whole band was awesome.

in all seriousness I have been listening to VH a lot since Ed died. I never really got the hype of the band given I am 49 so missed the early stuff. 1984 was my intro album so Jump and Panama were the first things I heard and while I liked those I didn't really "hear" what the band was. I tried a few times over the years to get into them but just couldn't, but after Eddie died I really thought I owed it to myself to see what was up... I can happily say I now "get it"..what a bloody great band musically, so tight, so unique and I finally get what it was that Dave bought to the band. Pretty happy to be able to say I am now a Van Halen fan.... Have listen to Ratt really since a year or so after Infestation came out though haha

I often try to get into more modern rock but man there is just something missing...well apart from Red Dragon Cartel but I guess that doesn't really count hahaha

Am happy to say that after 30years of not really listening to much sabbath I can now listen to them like it is new again ... such good shit

Back