People with multiple EQ pedals: why don't you just buy gear that sounds good?

I read the OP and I completely disagree. EQ pedals are tone shaping tools. Nothing more, nothing less. They are just tools for the job. I don't know about the rest of you but I like different tones at different times. Those times require different tools for the toans.

Also, as I get older, I find it harder and harder to bend over or kneel down to twist and turn knobs. My solution is simple. Multiple EQ's.

Now, before you laugh, it is important to understand how these are being used in for my application. On the first row from right to left are all input EQ pedals. The first two are used depending on what pickups I'm using. The second two are used for which clip on tuner I'm using. Then a final (far left) EQ for final tweaking before my signal even hits the amp. Conversely, the top row are all tone shaping variations and they sit in my Effects Loop. Because I know you want to know how I get my crushing tone, I will share with Rig-Talk only my FX loop setup; from left to right: Nyquist, Djent Chugga, straight rock and thrash, then blues and jazz, and of course my favorite....shoegaze.

So I know you are asking what the 2 EQ pedals in the middle row are for? Those are redundant backups in the event one of my MXRs fails me (which has never happened) - but I can swap those in or out anywhere in the chain.

The reason these all look so flat right now from an EQ perspective is because I got so lost in my own tone creations, I forgot what my original tone was. Therefore, I am in the processes of flattening and then re-curving my EQ's. That is my lifehack for the day. Never be afraid to "RE-CURVE"(R).




YzESSmCl.jpg
This Is The Way Meme, Origin, Meaning & Examples | Meme Wiki
 
Back
Top