PRS Archon 100W | VIDEO

zzwish

The PRS Archon has been on my list of amps to check out for a while now and it does not disappoint! It's super saturated, super tight, and feels easy under the fingers. The killer clean channel doesn't hurt either. All gain tones are un-boosted straight into the amp. Hope you dig it! ⚡

Man, all of your demos are fantastic! Great playing, riff selection, chops, the whole deal.

I haven't tried or heard one of these in person yet, but you can bet I want to now! All 3 of your guitars sound epic thru it!

Forgot to mention, I watched Tremonti and Myles Kennedy do a video interview recently (w/ Sweetwater maybe?) and you could see the prototype MT100 amp head sitting behind Mark in the vid. Can't wait to hear that one when it comes out.

After hearing what the Archon can do in your vid, it makes me wonder what it lacked for him. Maybe a little chug and his signature on it? :D

Kevin11":1l38o8hv said:
After hearing what the Archon can do in your vid, it makes me wonder what it lacked for him. Maybe a little chug and his signature on it? :D

The re-wording of the contract where he gets x amount per unit sold.

sutepaj":2ps2kzad said:
Kevin11":2ps2kzad said:

The re-wording of the contract where he gets x amount per unit sold.

Indeed. :rock:

Fucking love mine.
Dialed it into the Diezel VH4 I had the same time. I could get identical tone. The ARCHON was a tad ‘sweeter’??
I kept the archon. Sold the vh4.
But still got my Herbert :LOL: :LOL:

Sounds great!
The Archon is an amazing amp. Definitively one of the best I've had, and it had several Diezel's and Mesa's to compete with. Totally knocked it out of the park.
I sold mine last year, only because I wanted to try KSR and I couldn't afford it unless I sold the Archon.
I will receive my KSR in a week or two, so I'm still not sure if I took the right choice or not.

Excellent stuff bro. Your channel is a showcase of kick ass amps, riffs and talent. Keeps the hope alive that rock and roll ain't dead yet. Best of luck to you!

Your vids are always great. Excellent representation of the amp. One of my faves for sure. Been using one since they came out.

Sounds very good as per usual. Love the playing and polished presentation/production. One critique/suggestion I would give, if I may, is to have less post-reverb and/or delay or that overproduced sound. IMO it makes it harder to discern the differences/nuances between amps and makes things sound less raw. It does give a smoother, inoffensive sound, rounding out the edges, but imo is not as good for the pure purpose of showing the details of how the gear itself sounds, which is what many of us gearheads here are trying to figure out. Just my 2 cents. Maybe that’s not what you’re going for, so feel free to ignore if so. Overall still sounds great. I wish I had the technical knowledge/skills myself to put together polished videos like that

Back