R.I.P L-G Petrov

Wow, Just found out he passed away on the 7th from Cancer. He was my favorite metal singer for a good chunk of time in the 90’s and early 2K when I was an Entombed freak.
Yeah, I was also big into them back then. The Left Hand Path was a groundbreaking album for that Swedish sound and will forever be a metal classic. RIP LGP

I've been playing Left Hand Path in memoriam since I heard the news, truly sad and may he rest in peace.

Yep, this is a tragedy. A monumentally influential band that doesn’t get the renown they deserve outside certain metal circles. I have left hand path and clandestine autographed and signed hanging on my living room wall, and a release poster for Uprising in my music room. I’m a huge fan. RIP LG.

I remember buying the cassette for LHP when it was first released. I'd never heard of them, and bought it purely based on the cover art and that it was in the death metal section of my record store. I used to do that a lot. I'd just take a chance and I discovered so many great bands like that. I would have bought it on vinyl, as that was my preferred format at the time, but they only had the tape. So I bought it and stuck it straight in my Walkman. You can well imagine how I was blown away by the guttural grinding of those guitars. Hard to believe those guys were teenagers at the time, especially since I'm the same age as LG.

I'm sure they had no idea what an impact they would have on the world of music.

I remember seeing the Hollowman video on Headbanger‘s Ball as a teenager. That was pretty much my gateway drug to Death Metal.

R.I.P., LG

Back