R.I.P. Steve_k

When I was off work last year with that twisted spine.
Off 2 months. Barely could walk. I was up on and off all weird hours.
Steve always talked things thru with me.
Always call him a friend.
As I mentioned. We always shot the shit about life.
Never about gear.
Randomly I would ask. ‘What ya got for sale?’ :D
I was always buying things off him. :LOL: :LOL:

I have been hesitant to post in this thread. I'm still in denile that Steve is gone. We were friends and I am pissed at the universe that I am losing friends to such bullshit. Steve was a genuine human being. One of the best I have ever had the privilege of knowing.

I cherish the gear I have got from him. This is what I have.

This guitar I got from Tom but Steve owned it. KH-2 Vintage
80Ee0Yyl.jpg

This amp was modded by Dan Gower. Both Jeremy and Steve owned it. They both have passed. :(

YMHOj0ql.jpg

H9AiKQgl.jpg

55qpPNel.jpg

Steve gave me a smoking deal on this Cobra.

s57BgD6l.jpg

Last but not least. This Flux Capacitor delay. They are rare and awesome.
GIwSST4l.jpg

I have sold off some other things I got from Steve in the past but these things will not go anywhere until I pass.

RIP brother. Miss you

Been on hiatus form GAS and getting clean and my head right. Just now saw this. Steve was a good trustworthy dude.. Hard to find anymore. Had a lot of good sales and buys with him. RIP.

just42dave":wnl40ji5 said:
Been on hiatus form GAS and getting clean and my head right. Just now saw this. Steve was a good trustworthy dude.. Hard to find anymore. Had a lot of good sales and buys with him. RIP.

I hope that things have been going well with getting things together. Cheers. 8)

smh i havent been on here much in the last 3-4 years after i lost everything to the ex-wife but Steve was the best .. taught me a lot about gear and life ..the man had knowledge and shared it without acting like he was better then anyone. He gave me a few smoking deals and was able to give him one as well...a bogner uber rev green metal face ...crazything is the amp got worked over in shipping from fedex :doh: but steve was hella cool about it and told me not to worry that he got such a good deal he didnt care that he had to buy a new head shell and put some new glass in it! most ppl no matter what they paid would have been pissed ..shit i prob would lol just goes to show what kinda guy he was ....this wacky world of high end rare guitar gear we all love ..Mr King was a saint and will truly be missed ...shit i know when i was going though some ruff times id log on here just to see what kinda badass gear steve had so cheers to Steve a real one in a world or fake ...gone but hell never be forgotten

petty rad of you guys posting pics of gear ya got from him! :rock: he would love that

I bought my ESP USA Eclipse from Steve King and to this day it's still the best guitar that I've ever played or owned. Cheers to you Steve :rock:

Guy was Genuine!! Talked to him damn near every day.
Probably could of bought sold 75 percent of us here. :LOL: :LOL:
But super humble. Really kind. Straight up....! Talked me out of a few things I was gonna buy. That he owned ... tried... always said ‘well for me this one worked better (then explain his opinion) but if you want it ... go for it.
I’ve had this conversation with him dozens of times.
He was 99 percent spot on. :yes:
I miss him. He was a good friend to me.

danyeo":2w8emw30 said:
I bought a red stripe Mesa Mark III from Steve. Damm thing smelled like an ashtray! I guess Steve smoked a lot?

Same with the IIC++ I bought from him. It was super strong.

Same. Was just sharing the story this past weekend when he gave me the ESP.
Guys couldn’t believe it.
I still chuckle. Guy was superb. Miss talking to him.

I bought alot from steve over years and also sold him stuff and did trades, i remember getting a mark iv-a from him and when i got it smelled like smoke haha, For years he asked to buy my pearly gates and jimmy page R9, also wanted my aged esp iron cross. he was such a great person, when i was dealing with my divorce he gave me good advise and encouragement, i could go on and on about steve, hes definately missed around here. I still have one of steves esp mx250 and a black dragon KL explorer and when i jam on those guitars i always remember him. Its amazing that months later we are still posting in this thread, theres been alot of cool guys that we all liked and posted about after they passed away but this thread has lasted the longest. Steve was definately a generous person, one time there was a issue with one of the guitars he sent me and i took care of it and got it fixed, but just to be fair, he sent me a free guitar that he knew i was thinking about buying from him. Mailman also got a free guitar, its not too offen that happens, but thats the kinda guy steve was. Another time steve sent me a free kirk hammett wah pedal.

I remember, when I first started gassing for a C+ I would look up old threads here and 99% of them had Steve posting in...when I finally found my first, a 60w 2C, I messaged him for the first time and he was almost as excited as I was! Haha. He gave me a ton of info, and sent me his favorite pre tube combos in his C+s.
He was one of the best, for sure.

Back