Recorded Camron Amps

Not recent but John Norum had a Cameron modded Marshall that he used to record with in the 90s, and I thought Doug Aldrich also used one in the 90s but not sure if he was with Dio at the time?

Anyway that's what I recall reading/hearing about. One or two other modern Rock bands I've read about but not sure which ones. The Cameron subforum might have more info, you'd have to dig back a ways though.

Racerxrated":3o4u2hpx said:
Not recent but John Norum had a Cameron modded Marshall that he used to record with in the 90s, and I thought Doug Aldrich also used one in the 90s but not sure if he was with Dio at the time?

Anyway that's what I recall reading/hearing about. One or two other modern Rock bands I've read about but not sure which ones. The Cameron subforum might have more info, you'd have to dig back a ways though.
tenor.gif

Aldrich uses Suhr modded JMPs & Norum uses stock Marshall 2205's with KT-88's.

This is how internet Bullshit gets started.

RacerX amp tech to da Stars ... :confused:

The Cameron virus has the OP by the ying yang, go to the Doctor & get a shot, it'll clear that right up.

Truth in advertising how does that work ? :doh:

You're a fucking idiot.

'Bant' from forum after forum, and every dude here knows you pull more bullshit out your ass than anyone in the history of the net.

Keep shoveling your fake news, fake 'gigging career' and probably fake everything else you spew over anyone who's stupid enough to believe it.

Aldrich NOW uses a Suhr Marshall, but I've read that early in the 90s he had a Cameron Marshall that used exclusively. Why the fuck do you think it was named the Aldrich mod? Dumbass.

Norum uses 2205s and has a couple Cameron modded Marshalls, one was used on the Don Dokken album Up from the Ashes, from what I've read.

Dipshit Danny boy..go lay down by your dish in your grandmas basement.

0f90e2352484941ee6e0d0d6681ee5b5.gif

The only "Official" Cameron endorsee's that ive heard are members here.

Matter of fact i never heard of the dewd or his troubled dramatic Bullshit of a life til i came here and it contiues to be the only place that worships him.

Just say no to the Cameron Koolaide hyperbolic bling machine.

I hear anecdotally that Cameron amps do not retain their tones when turned up enough to push air to record or play live
This being the reason given there are no pro players using the amps. Some say it is the fault of the diode clipping.
I have not played a Cameron, but have many contacts, some with experience of the amps as owners
They say the amps are all over the place in terms of tones and not at all consistent within one model or mod
It has been said in passing that Aldrich had this very problem and has not used the mod on anything we have heard
Putting 2 and 2 together (and making 4.5) might this explain why George Lynch had an original CCV yet sold it soon thereafter?
Maybe a poor example, as George plays everything and has gone through many endorsements, but there are few example to choose from in the Cameron history

touchpaper lit...standing well back...

The amp Doug Aldrich is using on that Whitesnake DVD is not a cameron, it's a Suhr Modded Marshall. He used those long ago during Dio, and Whitesnake.

Plausable {sick squid}

I know if i use my "Sat" [diode clip] with alot of gain the amp tone looses its feel & texture and its just all sustained gain.

I can use the gain cut switch, or back off the gain knob or turn off the Sat altogether.

I really don't use the diode clip on my amp but prefer a pedal.

Cameron amps sound like they got too much bass, treble & mids going and loose the base tone of the amp, another reason why i didnt send him my JMP ... that and i would never see it again.

reverymike":1uf4av4t said:
The amp Doug Aldrich is using on that Whitesnake DVD is not a cameron, it's a Suhr Modded Marshall. He used those long ago during Dio, and Whitesnake.
Right. And I don't know if the Cameron "Aldrich" which he owned long ago in the early 90s was ever used on anything he recorded back then, but it seems plausible he might have. But I did read here that Norum used it on the Don Dokken album, and tours with his 2205s. His wife (RIP) also played a Cameron modded Marshall as well. Again, read all of this here a long time ago and these were all put out there by some old timer RTers.

There are also some studios that own Cameron amps, but what bands chose to use them I have no clue.

Chester Nimitz":3vepb2mh said:
And you are the PERFECT MORON to spout this statement.

You chime in on amps that you've NEVER EVER heard in person or have a hope of ever playing.

Like a Cameron.
Like the SLO.
Like a 2C+.

Your opinons are worthless sludge coming from the worst excuse for an internet troll RT has ever seen.

Keep spewing shit. It's about the only thing you CAN do.

God knows you can't fuckin play.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Racerxrated":3fkittj1 said:
Chester Nimitz":3fkittj1 said:
And you are the PERFECT MORON to spout this statement.

You chime in on amps that you've NEVER EVER heard in person or have a hope of ever playing.

Like a Cameron.
Like the SLO.
Like a 2C+.

Your opinons are worthless sludge coming from the worst excuse for an internet troll RT has ever seen.

Keep spewing shit. It's about the only thing you CAN do.

God knows you can't fuckin play.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
4b06cb5386ad88ae63cb867c7c7830f48a8af08ddfe6f0e5243461e8a2248d38.jpg

220px-Don_Dokken_-_Up_from_the_Ashes.jpg

Up from the Ashes one of my all time favorites of the era with John Norum & Billy White was recorded in 28 years ago, kinda hard to prove your claims now unless you have something to back you up besides lip service.

Wasn't that when Cameron worked for Bogner ?

Back