Reverb situation, resolved

napalmdeath":1psvrjb7 said:
Rick Lee":1psvrjb7 said:
I only lowball people when it's for something I really don't need and can't justify except for getting it for a price too low to not buy. If it's something I need, I will pay market price.

If you don't need it, why waste peoples' time?

I'm not wasting their time. If they accept my offer, I pay immediately. I don't keep upping the offer until I find the sweet spot and then back out. How many people here really need anything other than one guitar and amp?

stratjacket":1z4kv1yi said:
maddnotez":1z4kv1yi said:
Rick Lee":1z4kv1yi said:
I love getting the messages about how my price is way out of line and then I sell it for exactly that amount to the perfect buyer who is overjoyed to have it and thanks me profusely.

:LOL: :LOL:

That is literally what happened to the guy I blocked on FB verbatim.

Offered me half of my price on an $80 pedal which was already the lowest available anywhere by $15. He just kept at it on and on. Then I sold it for what I asked and he saw the ad change to sold. Had the balls to message me again this time talking shit on how the buyer was an idiot, blah blah. I didn't even read the whole thing and just blocked him.

Like I said I can see making a lowball and trying to negotiate but when the buyer is not willing to take a complete loss just move on. Not cool to harass someone just because you want it so bad and are too cheap to pay for it.

So you're the jerk who blocked me???? Dude $40, hand delivered to my door was a great offer !!

...just joking man, not me. But it would be funny if it was someone on here and then they could just keep harassing, haha.

:LOL: :LOL:

I know who it was. He's around a lot of the forums, mostly on Facebook. If my suspicion is right, the guy is trolling me because I called the Fortin 33 pedal what it is in their group, an overhyped POS.

The same guy months ago offered me three of the same exact "vintage" Peavey guitars valued at $250 each for my Uberschall that I sold for $1,850. There is no way this guy is serious.

To be honest I considered taking his payment just to mess with him and refund weeks later but that would not be cool if I was wrong.

I did at one point counter him with a much higher price than my listing price for shits and giggles.

This shit actually goes the other way too... guy put an add on FB Marketplace for his JCM 800 cab loaded with 65 watt Celestions...price is fair, I message him saying I’ll take it at that price, NO HAGGLING because hard to find 65s in a nice shape Marshall cab, he accepts, we start talking about when/where to do the deal... few hours later he messages me saying he can’t let it go that cheap... DUMBASS, YOU set yourown price ! I didn’t haggle !!! Lol

Another guy wants to trade his early rev Mesa Boogie Dual Rec for a Mark, I message him offering my Mark III, he accepts, then a few hours later decides he “ only wants a Mark IV “... do these assholes THINK before they write the ads ?

paulyc":1oui5tau said:
This shit actually goes the other way too... guy put an add on FB Marketplace for his JCM 800 cab loaded with 65 watt Celestions...price is fair, I message him saying I’ll take it at that price, NO HAGGLING because hard to find 65s in a nice shape Marshall cab, he accepts, we start talking about when/where to do the deal... few hours later he messages me saying he can’t let it go that cheap... DUMBASS, YOU set yourown price ! I didn’t haggle !!! Lol

Another guy wants to trade his early rev Mesa Boogie Dual Rec for a Mark, I message him offering my Mark III, he accepts, then a few hours later decides he “ only wants a Mark IV “... do these assholes THINK before they write the ads ?

Yeah that's bs too lol.

I've definitely listed something and got the sale within minutes and immediately thought damn....I should have asked for more. But a deal is a deal.

Even worse, once (on this site) I was at work and someone posted they were looking for a Fortin Zuul, I replied that I had one I’d sale. I told them I’d take what I paid for it and emailed them my receipt.
Only to realize later that I had my shit crossed. I was thinking the Grind, I got it confused with the Zuul and didn’t double check before agreeing to sell the Zuul. So I sold it...deal is a deal and I was stuuuupid.

But good news is I was able to buy another Zuul the following week when they came back in stock.

I listed a pistol for sale on a local gun BBS long ago, said the first "I'll take it" takes it. I got two PMs a few minutes later, both with the same time stamp saying "I'll take it." What was I to do? I had to go with the one that showed earlier in my PM queue. Other was PISSSSSSED. I sent him a screen shot, but he didn't care.

Rick Lee":1y2u7e6j said:
I listed a pistol for sale on a local gun BBS long ago, said the first "I'll take it" takes it. I got two PMs a few minutes later, both with the same time stamp saying "I'll take it." What was I to do? I had to go with the one that showed earlier in my PM queue. Other was PISSSSSSED. I sent him a screen shot, but he didn't care.
Way off topic but since FB removed gun sales are there any other places to sell? Pretty sure it is still legal as long as buyer is qualified according to state laws.

maddnotez":11vk759b said:
Rick Lee":11vk759b said:
Way off topic but since FB removed gun sales are there any other places to sell? Pretty sure it is still legal as long as buyer is qualified according to state laws.

Surely, you have a local chat forum like this one for that kind of stuff. Otherwise, use Armslist or Gunbroker. Backpage is no more.

Back