SD pickup height

I just bought my first SD for the experience and I was wondering where some of you prefer this pickup height-wise.....I have been adjusting it here and there and I found a couple of good spots myself but I be curious to other opinions....
Also wondering about pole piece adjustments as well........Thanks guys/girls

Bill

no standard height for me and pickup brand doesn't matter either. I always start off raising them a hair or two beneath strings, then plug in, listen and lower them down for to the sweet spot where it sounds the best and balanced well with the other pickup...

Shawn Lutz":27v5j41z said:
no standard height for me and pickup brand doesn't matter either. I always start off raising them a hair or two beneath strings, then plug in, listen and lower them down for to the sweet spot where it sounds the best and balanced well with the other pickup...
This :thumbsup:

Shawn Lutz":3jdtcja7 said:

This pretty much, i get as close to the strings as i can then lower it til it clears up a little, and sustain is good. I only touch the pole peices to balance the string to string volumes.

Steve

Back