Soldano Hot Rod 100 Plus XL mod?

80s hair primarily. I listened to a ton of 50, 50+ and 100+ clips last night and loved them all. Best I can gather is it adds bass response and he says it's a factory installed mod rather than someone having it installed by a 3rd party.

Most people end up pulling that mod as it muddies up the bottom end. Now at home practicing at low volumes it is nice to have...

Most people end up pulling that mod as it muddies up the bottom end. Now at home practicing at low volumes it is nice to have...
This X1000. I had an HR 100 with the XL mod; called Soldano and Bill Sundt walked my tech through removing it within a week. Supposed to add low end but was mud city even with a boost. Much better after removal

The only Soldano I ever owned was a Hot Rod 50 with the XL mod. I didn't know much back then but I do know that I couldn't get it to sound good. Way too much low end and mud that couldn't be dialed out.

Is the mod just a fixed deep cap, a variable one, or something else? Our 50 Plus has a front panel depth control that is a nice addition, although only required sometimes.

Back