The Monomyth thread

So I've been wanting to do some clips showing off the versatility of this amp for a while but I havent had the time to do a proper walkthru on video. Heres 2 clips I threw together to demonstrate what I think really shines with Monomyth.

1st clip is what I wanted going for an EVH type of tone. Little more aggressive so not exact, but what I wanted. Mmyth delivered it in spades! Was also trying to demonstrate the the thickness on sustained notes.
https://soundcloud.com/guitarplyr/mmyth-lead

2nd clip is to demonstrate the tightness during double tracking, and with tweaking the amps eq and gain controls in can go in a completely different direction. There is also some eq'ing in the track itself but not much.
https://soundcloud.com/guitarplyr/mmyth-test

This at least gives an honest representation of how versatile the amp can be.

Heres a new one I've completed, Ive mostly kept this one a secret so i can post it in the classifieds section. This mod is called the "skeleton key" It has fixed voicings of the black sun with "blood" switch on and "black sun switch on, it has a fixed resonance and an added 4th gain stage in front with two inputs to select from ( 3 or 4 stages). Ive used DC heaters on VX and V1 and reworked the grounding for the lowest noise possible. This amp has an active metro loop in the speaker jacks with a single speaker out moved, the metro loop is noise prone anywhere near v1 with a high gain design and with the small chassis this is the best placement I've found. Enjoy the art, thanks!

ODFmHiBl.jpg

3nS3ECkl.jpg

vNG20Gol.jpg

sound clips of the amp here

V

https://soundcloud.com/monomyth-amplification/monomyth-skeleton-key-1987x-marsahall-50w

phil b":971h9kxj said:
So I've been wanting to do some clips showing off the versatility of this amp for a while but I havent had the time to do a proper walkthru on video. Heres 2 clips I threw together to demonstrate what I think really shines with Monomyth.

1st clip is what I wanted going for an EVH type of tone. Little more aggressive so not exact, but what I wanted. Mmyth delivered it in spades! Was also trying to demonstrate the the thickness on sustained notes.

2nd clip is to demonstrate the tightness during double tracking, and with tweaking the amps eq and gain controls in can go in a completely different direction. There is also some eq'ing in the track itself but not much.

Great job man! Sounds fantastic!

Monomyth":1subguou said:
Heres a new one I've completed, Ive mostly kept this one a secret so i can post it in the classifieds section. This mod is called the "skeleton key" It has fixed voicings of the black sun with "blood" switch on and "black sun switch on, it has a fixed resonance and an added 4th gain stage in front with two inputs to select from ( 3 or 4 stages). Ive used DC heaters on VX and V1 and reworked the grounding for the lowest noise possible. This amp has an active metro loop in the speaker jacks with a single speaker out moved, the metro loop is noise prone anywhere near v1 with a high gain design and with the small chassis this is the best placement I've found. Enjoy the art, thanks!

ODFmHiBl.jpg

3nS3ECkl.jpg

vNG20Gol.jpg

V

https://soundcloud.com/monomyth-amplification/monomyth-skeleton-key-1987x-marsahall-50w

That sounds bad ass. What's going on after 1:40 mark? Is that the 4th gain stage/input?

phil b":1pjcb2ow said:

Listen to that thing sing :inlove:

phil b said:

Killer clips! Like Shea’s clips, you did a great job of capturing what the amp really sounds like in the room. :rock:

Monomyth":wclwp4nm said:

ODFmHiBl.jpg

3nS3ECkl.jpg

vNG20Gol.jpg

V

That sounds nasty. I love the grit and aggression of these mods.

I was also curious how does one purchase a Monomyth amp. So stay tuned to this thread for amps available for purchase? :thumbsup:

I was curious how different does your Butterslax mod sound in comparison to a Friedman Butterslax? Slax is my main amp and I just love how it sounds.

errrrrl":goatmqp1 said:
I was also curious how does one purchase a Monomyth amp. So stay tuned to this thread for amps available for purchase? :thumbsup:

I was curious how different does your Butterslax mod sound in comparison to a Friedman Butterslax? Slax is my main amp and I just love how it sounds.

That amp does sound great, I did a couple 2 years ago and don’t offer it, things took off since I started posting clips on YouTube and offering that mod would be in poor taste I think. If you want to buy an amp shoot me a pm or stay tuned .

Monomyth":3qxbwl72 said:

ODFmHiBl.jpg

3nS3ECkl.jpg

vNG20Gol.jpg

V

Sounds heavy & killer Shea, super job on the layout. The Skeleton Key will unlock some doors no doubt.

David

Well I just got my amp back and was able to put it through a test run.
Needless to say I'm happy as hell. I was making plans of putting together a pedalboard for it until I plugged it in but I think getting a board for a tuner and a delay is overkill.

It chugs without a boost, has a surprisingly low noise floor, and sounds amazing even at bedroom levels.

ClintN667":1zy6y9qv said:
Needless to say I'm happy as hell. I was making plans of putting together a pedalboard for it until I plugged it in but I think getting a board for a tuner and a delay is overkill.

It chugs without a boost, has a surprisingly low noise floor, and sounds amazing even at bedroom levels.

Great to hear... I've got one headed my way :yes: :rock:

suhrimmetal":15f3seb6 said:
ClintN667":15f3seb6 said:

I hope you like it. I'm pretty sure you will. The Splawn amps I owned and the Friedman I owned were all great amps but each one had something missing or too much of something. The Superlead I had and now my 2204 have everything I want out of a modded Marshall

suhrimmetal":1p7nxrav said:
ClintN667":1p7nxrav said:

:thumbsup:

LP Freak":x1vqmak1 said:
suhrimmetal":x1vqmak1 said:
ClintN667":x1vqmak1 said:

:thumbsup:

:cheers: :yes:

ClintN667":12ejqdw9 said:

Glad it made it safely Clint, I’d love to hear your thoughts after some time spent. Your amp has a very high sensitivity so don’t be afraid to eq it in a unorthodox way, if you look at some of the pictures I post my settings are usually there, with this mod I usually set pres at noon and pull down the mids and treble, whatever sounds good to you! Cheers guys, you’re appreciated :thumbsup:

This thread is such a breath of fresh air. Looking forward to reading more about available amps and mods. The clips all sound killer! Let's keep this going as a testament to the positivity RT has in its community :2thumbsup:

This donor just showed up for from the Netherlands, when I was younger my local music store had one of these 1994 hendrix full stacks that I always longed for, I overpaid for this amp because I simply wanted to mod it on personal note , I'm sure many of us have these items, it would be equal to the white strat in Waynes World for me :LOL: :LOL:

LUsbrB3l.jpg

Monomyth":d3awg0zu said:
This donor just showed up for from the Netherlands, when I was younger my local music store had one of these 1994 hendrix full stacks that I always longed for, I overpaid for this amp because I simply wanted to mod it on personal note , I'm sure many of us have these items, it would be equal to the white strat in Waynes World for me :LOL: :LOL:

LUsbrB3l.jpg

SHEA... YOU ARE KILLING ME!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :thumbsup:

Back