The Monomyth thread

Racerxrated":2fj5t5bw said:
:rock:

Shea is good people. Great communication, fast service. Super easy to deal with. Like many of you I've had a bunch of modded Marshalls from all the main guys...Cameron, Friedman, Fortin, Gower, FJA, Golub, Voodoo, Lee Jackson etc etc. All were really good to amazing, the Cameron Marshalls being the best...until the Monomyth showed up 2 weeks after sending it. It has everything I could want in a modded Marshall..tight if you want it, all the gain you could ever need, and it cleans up with the guitar volume amazingly well. It can get thick like Mesa thick if you want..great clarity and the best part might be the feel..great touch sensitivity.
I can say in all honesty that this Black Sun 2204 has completely cured my Marshall GAS. Except for maybe finding a 100w version...2 can be better than one....
:thumbsup:

what he said~~~!!! and then some[though i haven't owned any modded marshalls before]
the turn around was soooo fast :rock:
shea is the man !
i want a 100 watter now !!
hahaha
in a way i am a little sad becasue I know my search is over
nothing is gonna top this amp
also i have been putting pedals [phase/tiny bit of delay for solos] in front of it [no loop] and it sounds fucking great
i am still blown away every time i plug into mine
it's a 76 jmp 50 watt
this is thru a 2x12 sealed ayatar cab with a v30 and an eminence L12
hard to believe how good it sounds right into an iPhone
this is 95% rhythm playing - all improvised

That metallic chunk and attack is dreamy! So pumped you'll be posting some for sale here. Cheers dude!

Also, would you mod a Royal MSG 100?

I was expecting a few weeks turnaround. It actually scared me getting an email so soon. I was expecting bad news like "UPS screwed up your amp" or "I cant work with this". Instead I got pics of my amp, finished and looking absolutely amazing a week and a half earlier than I expected.

As soon as I have more "amp money" I will be checking the classifieds for another one. I really love being able to plug straight into an amp and getting my tone instead of boosting.

What are you guys using speaker wise with your modded amp? I am grabbing another cab from Kyle Rhodes to dedicate to mine. My other 2x12 is a v30/creamback 75. I was leaning towards greenbacks or Creamback 65's. The only thing I've decided so far is a KSR cab with vintage check grill cloth.

Monomyth":3nkau4dg said:
stratjacket":3nkau4dg said:
Cool. I have checked your site out a couple times and curious how it works. Do you get an amp, fix it up and sell it or do people send you amps to mod or some combination?

I've thought about getting an old Marshal (of some flavor) and having it updated some way. What's you process?

Im not accepting mods at the moment, I'm sorting out a list of people who have been proactive about getting work done, I'm going to use this thread to basically give the thumbs up for accepting mods, big cartel is done for me, they've installed new tax policies that I do not consent which harm buyers, Im going to be using this forum and youtube as the launchpad for available amps I source myself, the reason I prefer sourcing myself is to have more freedom and time to play with the circuit, theres no stress and lots of time to think about what would be best for the particular amp, I like doing variations also. Ill be posting my first one off amp in the rt classifieds section very soon, these amps will be attainable for you guys.

Awesome. I noticed under your avatar, you’re in Bloomington IN. I took a job in Louisville a few months ago, so it’s close enough to save on shipping anyway.

ClintN667":mjg7hdju said:
What are you guys using speaker wise with your modded amp? I am grabbing another cab from Kyle Rhodes to dedicate to mine. My other 2x12 is a v30/creamback 75. I was leaning towards greenbacks or Creamback 65's. The only thing I've decided so far is a KSR cab with vintage check grill cloth.

Hey Clint,
I use a 1973 Marshall cab w/original greenbacks and going for a more updated metal sound I use v30s from 92 in a Diezel cab. I also use a V30/Altec combo in Mesa 4x12 cabs as well.
These amps sound good in just about everything so far!

Mine is amazing. Can chug AND do low gain just as well. I use Marshall Vintage speakers. They are what Shea voices these amps with. Recently, I started using two greenbacks on top with the Vintages on bottom. Also a great combo.

Here's mine:

ClintN667":35pw4gnh said:
LP Freak":35pw4gnh said:
‘72 Marshall 4x12 with Greenbacks and V30’s

Thanks. I do believe Im going to go greenbacks.
I have a '74 Marshall with original RIC cone greenbacks, and a 1979 Marshall with Marshall label 3120 cone G12 65s. 65s are my favorite speaker with any amp. I'll have to look into a 1960AV cab as Shea does recommend them.
I haven't tried mine with my Mesa V30 cab or Peavey K85 cab...sounds too good with the other 2. But I will later this week.

Monomyth":1mj8a2gx said:
1981 Marshall JCM 800 2204 with the Black Sun mod.

6550 power section
Active Metro loop
Push / pull on the preamp for voicing
Blood switch
Black Sun Depth / Voicing

IWBoz02l.jpeg

LyizWofl.jpeg
Where’s the clips of this one?

LP Freak":25d91pgf said:
Monomyth":25d91pgf said:
1981 Marshall JCM 800 2204 with the Black Sun mod.

6550 power section
Active Metro loop
Push / pull on the preamp for voicing
Blood switch

IWBoz02l.jpeg

LyizWofl.jpeg
Where’s the clips of this one?
I think this might be going to Reza? If so clips will be coming soon....
:rock:

Marshall 1987x Reissue 50 Watt
Black Sun/Blood Mod

EL-34 power section
Blood switch
Stock Loop
Feel Switch
Teeth Switch

Playing it through an old Marshall 4x12 with G12-65’s, and a Splawn 4x12 with Greenbacks. Sounds equally killer through both. Both together is unfuckingbelievable. Gonna have a V30 Marshall cab in the house soon. Looking forward to trying that. By far my favorite modded Marshall to date. Definitely capable of getting the heaviest and most pissed off. Amp just sounds huge. Cannot recommend Monomyth enough. I see another one in my future. Can’t wait to see hear what he’s coming up with next.

Beyond Black":21ruexby said:
Marshall 1987x Reissue 50 Watt
Black Sun/Blood Mod

EL-34 power section
Blood switch
Stock Loop
Feel Switch
Teeth Switch

Playing it through an old Marshall 4x12 with G12-65’s, and a Splawn 4x12 with Greenbacks. Sounds equally killer through both. Both together is unfuckingbelievable. Gonna have a V30 Marshall cab in the house soon. Looking forward to trying that. By far my favorite modded Marshall to date. Definitely capable of getting the heaviest and most pissed off. Amp just sounds huge. Cannot recommend Monomyth enough. I see another one in my future. Can’t wait to see hear what he’s coming up with next.

man these pics get me stoked. I have a KSR Orthos mk2 so this pic feels like home. Splawn is like 15 minutes down the road and located in my home town although I am probably going to stick with KSR though as Kyle has really been good to me. I had a Splawn 2x12 with Creamback 65's that I really loved. I wish I would have kept it but I wanted a matching cab for my Orthos. I would love to grab a 4x12 but I am avoiding that argument with the boss/accountant/wife. The vintage check cab and Marshall head is the most iconic looking rig imho.

I haven’t had the time to get my recording gear setup yet, I hit the ground running with my new space to keep up with all the work, soon it will happen, thanks to everybody again, you guys rule.

Monomyth":2dgpmofi said:
I haven’t had the time to get my recording gear setup yet, I hit the ground running with my new space to keep up with all the work, soon it will happen, thanks to everybody again, you guys rule.

An official RT hey from me(Cory). Cheers Shea and talk soon :thumbsup: :rock:

Back