The Monomyth thread

Exo, I'm waffling on loop or not on mine (should be coming up on list soon) and decided that sometimes a loop is just easier/simpler and if you decide to sell it will be much easier I would think. And I can still use a line out box if I want.

exo-metal":2n3bbkdn said:
No it's not done yet, have a few more things to do but most of it is done. That was just a teaser clip. Have to thank Jerevil for the winged C tubes, they sound great just perfect! Jeremy thank you so much. Now I have to decide on a loop or line out for this beast?
:rock:

Winged C for the win in any vintage Marshall; Siemens are great too. Don’t pay for vintage Mullards as they pale to the aforementioned to my ears. Still great though.

Ted go get a line out box; Suhr or Bray will do the trick. No need to scar up that vintage chassis unless you really want the ‘slight’ tone change from a loop. No loop is totally transparent. No matter what anyone says. The Bray is 50 bucks.

The metro loops are really great. My 74 JMP Monomyth has one. If your worried about drilling holes, just use the speaker jack and a Suhr ISO out box. I do that with my all stock 83' JCM800 and run it wet dry wet. But if you're worried about tone suck, don't be. I would put the loop in so you have both options.

Man I just started using my loop. It still sounds amazing. I have a Carbon Copy Delay being delivered tomorrow that's going in the loop. I have a pedaltrain Nano and a boss tuner being delivered Tues. My plan is tuner-digitech drop- zuul- carbon copy. It's so refreshing not to worry about a boost. I did boost mine with a VFE Standout yesterday and it sounded amazing but I took it off cause I really didn't need it.

I have a preloop 1987x Black Sun. Amp Chugs more than any boosted amp I have had (5153, SLO, Diezel Vh2, XXX, Avenger). It's really fun to play. It has a lot of gain and if you crank up the volume, you really need to tighten up your playing. Thing is like holding a bolt of lightning. And when I say it chuggs, it is insane. I use a ts as a boost for low tunings just to eq more treble in there without the fizz when I want high end notes to ring out. But when I am palm muting, i click it off, because this thing does not need a boost to tighten up. The best thing about it for metal, is that you can have that tight of a sound with that much bass, even in E standard.

Attachments

• new setup.jpg
    new setup.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 1,324
Smashedguitarist":2cftwoag said:
I have a preloop 1987x Black Sun. Amp Chugs more than any boosted amp I have had (5153, SLO, Diezel Vh2, XXX, Avenger). It's really fun to play. It has a lot of gain and if you crank up the volume, you really need to tighten up your playing. Thing is like holding a bolt of lightning. And when I say it chuggs, it is insane. I use a ts as a boost for low tunings just to eq more treble in there without the fizz when I want high end notes to ring out. But when I am palm muting, i click it off, because this thing does not need a boost to tighten up. The best thing about it for metal, is that you can have that tight of a sound with that much bass, even in E standard.
Killer V! And I bet your “fireplace” sounds awesome! :D

Yes. Fireplace is more moderate. They both have their uses. But one thing I forgot to mention is how badass the Monomyth is at low volumes. Fireplace can be played low, but there are two low settings before it gets too loud for the wife, whereas monomyth has a very good volume taper.

Welcome Chris! You were so great to deal with and I appreciate it. Quick communication and super proactive, hats off brother :rock:

Smashedguitarist":10xveal5 said:

Nice! Always good to see another KxK owner turn up :thumbsup:

technomancer":nciorck3 said:
Smashedguitarist":nciorck3 said:

Nice! Always good to see another KxK owner turn up :thumbsup:
Badass!

:rock:

Welcome to the club.

Heres a flick of the 70s superbass exometal sent in, its on its way back to him and the first wave of people are done, BIG thanks to all you guys :rock: Stay tuned to the classified section if you're looking to pick up one of my amps, Ive got something in the works.

eUGYQ2fl.jpg

RedPlated":r9gag6m5 said:
What's the third switch on front for, Shea?

It’s a switchable voltage divider for the gain pot, for previous amps I’ve used a certain setting but it worked well for what he was wanting.

Monomyth":1nw05440 said:
Heres a flick of the 70s superbass exometal sent in, its on its way back to him and the first wave of people are done, BIG thanks to all you guys :rock: Stay tuned to the classified section if you're looking to pick up one of my amps, Ive got something in the works.

eUGYQ2fl.jpg

Can I call dibs on whatever it is? :)

Hey Exo did you get yours yet? Any thoughts?

I just grabbed an SM57 from a friend for 20 bucks that should be here tomorrow. Im going to try to get a mic'd cab recording of mine. Granted mine is a tweaked Ceriatone instead of a Marshall 2204 but I didnt think Reza's clips did what I experience with mine. Not that I didnt enjoy his clips I just prefer what Im hearing in the room more.

danburton":33fl1e68 said:
Monomyth":33fl1e68 said:

eUGYQ2fl.jpg

Can I call dibs on whatever it is? :)

that headshell looks really nice.

Back