Think this is rig talk?

Mailman1971

Just bought a new stereo setup for my truck.
1000 watt power amp. Two 2x12 jbl sub.
Jvc stereo. Rockford speaker upgrade from stock. Power amp is Rockford as well.
This set up just SLAMS!!
Really a noob to all this car stereo stuff. Got bout $800 total into it. Guess these rigs gets pricey. But man love my music and worth every penny to me. 😎

That's insane Dan. Wow man. :rock:

Added bonus - if your hearing gets damaged you won't be able to hear Steve sneak up on you from behind anymore. The first you'll know about it is when he slides his... I mean, when you feel his... well, you know. Good times Baby! :LOL:

I used to be into that scene in a big ugly way. Had an 84 Camaro with a pretty big system in it, I was real big into SQ, wasn't real big on the whole rattle your engine mounts loose, but was stupidly loud, and crystal clear. They can be a whole lot of fun, designing the system, matching up components and dialing it all in. But just like this gear, car audio can get crazy expensive. my system in my Camaro was worth more than the car. :LOL:

Nice, I bet it does punch in the gut.
When I was in the Navy stationed in Japan I bought a little Mazda car, don’t remember the model but it was a small car with a hatchback. I think I paid $500 for it from another guy on the ship which was heading back to the states. I went to the Navy Exchange and spent about $1,200 on a stereo system; CD player, EQ, crossover, multiple amps, speakers, sub, all pioneer and kenwood. It was so damn loud, crisp and clear. I literally ran the battery down while sitting in traffic and ended up getting multiple batteries to stop that from happening. Those were the days…

I used to rock a clarion amp and kicker comp VR 12.....I kinda miss that lil setup

These days I just use the stock shit

fosgate was the shit back in the day....
Totally! Few years ago I found two old school 12" punch woofers at a garage sell, they needed refoaming of course. I talked myself out of it because the last thing I needed was another project. Was totally nostalgic.

Congrats man :cheers:

When I'm in my truck I'm in my own little world and I need my music and need my music loud.

I made Rockford sub for one of my other cars.

I used to be into that scene in a big ugly way. Had an 84 Camaro with a pretty big system in it, I was real big into SQ, wasn't real big on the whole rattle your engine mounts loose, but was stupidly loud, and crystal clear. They can be a whole lot of fun, designing the system, matching up components and dialing it all in. But just like this gear, car audio can get crazy expensive. my system in my Camaro was worth more than the car. :LOL:

I had an '84 Camaro :cheers: And a '92

Just bought a new stereo setup for my truck.
1000 watt power amp. Two 2x12 jbl sub.
Jvc stereo. Rockford speaker upgrade from stock. Power amp is Rockford as well.
This set up just SLAMS!!
Really a noob to all this car stereo stuff. Got bout $800 total into it. Guess these rigs gets pricey. But man love my music and worth every penny to me. 😎
C'mon all this for ABBA, really Dan!!!?!??

everyone in highschool had rockford amps, pioneer 6x9's and JL subs lol. big systems were a pretty big thing around here, there used to be contests and shit but that all seemed to go away. i remember this one guy had a pickup truck with a canopy and had like 20 subs or something crazy in there, you could hear him coming literally a mile away lol

Back