Tube amps have become obsolete

He said "overrated", then backed up his opinion. And statistically speaking, they are becoming "obsolete" in touring applications etc.

Best way to prove Glen wrong is to provide evidence to the contrary. He does use alot of null-tests to prove his points, like with his tube swapping video. Again, lots of anger and emotions in response.... not alot of evidence.

They’re underrated now. They’re what digital is attempting to replace but failing to do so. When there was a tube shortage due to demand, people weren’t dumping their tube amps for digital from my recollection. In fact look what it has done to tube prices permanently.

So he can call them overrated all he wants. The real truth is that they’re now underrated on their importance in the music world for inspiration to players and the tube shortage was an eye opener for anyone that says otherwise. They aren’t going anywhere at all and neither are tubes.

The more hype like this, the more tubes for people like us. I got a lifetime supply years ago, so I don't care what guys like this have to say.

Glenn is in the business of generating clicks.

Has he ever made any notable recordings or albums? anything recordings anyone really aspires for? I’d recommend going through his work and seeing if you they are the sort of sounds and music you like.

He’s been successful at doing youtube, and fair play to him for that, but just because his stuff is based around recording, it doesn’t negate the fact that his work doesn’t sound very good. He’s a Youtube personality first and foremost and much more successful at that than producing or mixing.

Maybe for himself and his audience tube amps are overrated. His click bait titles, cartoonish anger, and disrespect for his clients all usually make what he’s saying seem a bit more extreme when often these things are much more nuanced. It gets a bit tiring when all he’s really geared towards is “LOOKK AT ME” rather than making anything artistically relevant.

trolling for hits. Tube amps are evolving and it's a good thing. there are still a bazillion 100+ watters out there, and now many more robust low-wattage offerings from lots of vendors. It's a great time to play guitar! I fully embrace the new technology along with the old iron and glass. Each have their place.

As someone who played nothing but digital until the past few years.... Tube amps aren't going anywhere. They have a difference in depth and tonality that is hard to explain if you can't compare the two in person. I watch a video from him every so often but find myself disappointed in the end. I guess he's in the camp of " If I scream talk, it makes it true!"

We often don't see things as "they are".

We see them as "we are".

One of humanities many flaws.

It'd be a relatively boring world otherwise.

Tubes amps aren't going anywhere for a while. I enjoyed the Axe FX II that I had, and like my Kemper... but there is a reason that I just ordered a BE100. All the 100011101101s in the world cannot replicate a 100-watt tube amp pushing air. Though we may eventually come to a time where no one knows what it's like to feel that sound forcibly hitting the back of your legs on a stage.

Tubes amps aren't going anywhere for a while. I enjoyed the Axe FX II that I had, and like my Kemper... but there is a reason that I just ordered a BE100. All the 100011101101s in the world cannot replicate a 100-watt tube amp pushing air. Though we may eventually come to a time where no one knows what it's like to feel that sound forcibly hitting the back of your legs on a stage.
As with most things.....regardless of what anyone claims, look to the market. That tells you most of what you need to know. At least on a macro level.

On a micro level, I have some of all the current technologies. I love them all and hate them all at times depending on my state of mind.

Astonishingly.........well not really, the debate still prevails.

Great entertainment value....but little else.

People who act like they're "All knowing" and that what they say is final disgust me . It's the "This proves that tubes are overrated" instead of " This amp sounds as good as a tube amp to me" that I find intolerable .

It reminds me of Rhett Shulls video "This is way better than the tube screamer" and Rhetts other bashing the tube screamer video's .

Kohle's videos from his studio are so much better. You get to see Ken from Aborted rip it on his kit and then see/hear the actual mic/mix run down. Not just some asshole's YouTube face on some clickbait thumbnail picture.

Back