Tube amps have become obsolete

Again, check out organized religion!
Irony, nuance, and a bit of self mocking humor? Didn't realize I'd trigger all the suppressed gays on here with a gay joke.
:ROFLMAO:

Did you watch the video? It's not some poignant thought piece on the march of time and technology and how the fuel that powers all out favorite gear might be in danger of being replaced by something else. He doesn't really present any facts or statistics about tube amps or tube production or tube usage trends these days, or anything like that at all.

He's literally just using a video with a clickbaity title to shill a solid state amp made by Orange. There's nothing else to the video. It is 100% a commercial for that specific amp, nothing else.

Anyway, if you want to talk about the scientific process here, Glenn is the one making the "claim" that tube amps are going obsolete with his clickbait title, so the burden of proof would be on him to support that claim, which he doesn't even mention in the video, because that's not what the video is about. So, because he offers literally zero evidence to support his big claim, we need to provide zero evidence to refute it. All that's left after that is to talk about what a chode he is.

I did. I actually can't stand Glen as a host personality. The shouting is so annoying and he has clear bias's towards what music he constitutes as "good music".

I'm more referring to the folks who seem to actively hate the man because he did some experiments that nullify alot guitar worlds "wives tales". Like the tube swap video, it really upset alot of people because it proved wrong something they believed in for years. Some people have taken it really personally and are absolutely dogmatic in their belief that his tests are wrong, but can't prove it.

In many settings, tube amps have been replaced with newer tech. He shows an example of that tech with the Orange amp. Whether there is sponsorship... Youtube rules is you have to disclose paid partnerships.... but he could be being compensated in other ways. Either way his presentation style is terrible and annoying, which I think we all agree on.

Again, check out organized religion!

Irony, nuance, and a bit of self mocking humor? Didn't realize I'd trigger all the suppressed gays on here with a gay joke.
:ROFLMAO:

I did. I actually can't stand Glen as a host personality. The shouting is so annoying and he has clear bias's towards what music he constitutes as "good music".

I'm more referring to the folks who seem to actively hate the man because he did some experiments that nullify alot guitar worlds "wives tales". Like the tube swap video, it really upset alot of people because it proved wrong something they believed in for years. Some people have taken it really personally and are absolutely dogmatic in their belief that his tests are wrong, but can't prove it.

In many settings, tube amps have been replaced with newer tech. He shows an example of that tech with the Orange amp. Whether there is sponsorship... Youtube rules is you have to disclose paid partnerships.... but he could be being compensated in other ways. Either way his presentation style is terrible and annoying, which I think we all agree on.
Just head back to Glenn's Discord or whatever. I've never seen someone having their nose jammed up in someone's ass that deep.

Just head back to Glenn's Discord or whatever. I've never seen someone having their nose jammed up in someone's ass that deep.
Please read what I just said above:
"I actually can't stand Glen as a host personality. The shouting is so annoying and he has clear bias's towards what music he constitutes as "good music".
"Either way his presentation style is terrible and annoying, which I think we all agree on."

That blow job joke really stirred up some suppressed feelings? First you mentioned dick sucking now it's jamming things in asses.

That blow job joke really stirred up some suppressed feelings? First you mentioned dick sucking now it's jamming things in asses.
Yes because apparently you like both sucking dick and licking ass which in turn makes you a fucking gay.

Yes because apparently you like both sucking dick and licking ass which in turn makes you a fucking gay.
Ahh no, how will I ever recover from these playground insults?

On a more serious note... Glen should really stop playing the guitar on reviews. Just watched some recent stuff there and jeeeeeez out of tune power chords for days.

On a more serious note... Glen should really stop playing the guitar on reviews. Just watched some recent stuff there and jeeeeeez out of tune power chords for days.

Hah, see personally I wish he would play his out of tune, out of time power chords constantly so people who watch his videos would find out the caliber of guitar player all that “amazing” advice comes from. :D

There are absolutely S.S. amps that sound great. I have never found a S.S. setup that sounded as good as my rig or I would have switched in a heartbeat. I dont care if its S.S., tube, paper towel roll....whatever! If it gives me exactly what I want I will use it and I could care less if its frowned upon or not.

That being said, I know a few guys that are very popular in guitar world and tour frequently. They use S.S. (Kemper}, out of necessity more than anything else. Transporting tube amps all over the rest of the world can be challenging unless you have a ton of money behind you (unless your McTallica). Amps get banged around and A LOT and tubes go..wires loosen..voltage differences from venue to venue.etc. Now enter in something like a Kemper that has all your tube amps profiled. If that amp goes down grab another, load it up and your off and running again.

S.S. amps can also be great for studio pre-production or basic track laying. Now guys who use S.S. as their main rig thats awesome! Coming from someone who DOESNT use S.S., they absolutely have their place and are a great addition to any gear arsenal. The whole tube/S.S. thing is friggin stupid IMO, but no...tubes amps aint going nowhere. As long as there are still tubes that work, there will always be tube amps.

Is that YouTube’r Donald Rumsfeld’s
bastard hippy son?
Click bait, all hat no cattle.
I will say the Line 6 Helix through 2 4X12’s for the MONSTROUS MUTES?
-that’ll eat a beefy Wizard for breakfast, HOLY HELL.
How about.. keep an open mind.

probably one of the best players out there....Derrick Trucks....saw him play through a p.o.s. Gibson lab series combo and sounds like the 2nd coming of Duane Allman. Those amps are pure trash imo.....

Dude does several videos trashing Gibson in favor of a 10s guitar that he got for free...
I mean yeah Gibson can be hit or miss but I have seen a ton of great guitars from them the past few years. 10s sent free guitars to a bunch of youtubers and they do videos about them then you never see them use them anymore cause they are Chinese trash. The equivalent of a Panama amp.

probably one of the best players out there....Derrick Trucks....saw him play through a p.o.s. Gibson lab series combo and sounds like the 2nd coming of Duane Allman. Those amps are pure trash imo.....

Not to forget Ty Tabor using the L5 back in the day, which he was so embarrassed about he‘d hide the amp or tell people it was something different. :ROFLMAO:

I mean shit, I LOVE my Fractal gear and if someone told me “You can pick one awesome tube amp or one AxeFX to play through for the rest of your life”, I’d go with the Fractal. But I still want a shitload of tube amps because amps are fucking great, the majority of gear is great and more is more.

Even if every fucking stage/venue in the world went silent and loud amps were outlawed in public, there’d still be a shitload of people buying tube amps. Probably even more in that case.

I went through a kick twice in my life using cheap line 6 stuff and was fine. Did everything I wanted and had fun screwing around with it. However there's no substitute for moving air. Thus I'm back to two halfstacks....cause fuck it that's why....lol....

I'm honestly starting to hate those Orange Crush amps. I mean, I'm sure they sound OK, but everybody in the internet is hyping them as if they're the first solid state ever that sounds good!
I don't get what the big deal is about those amps. YMMV.

Last edited:
I don't get what the big deal is about those amps. YMMV.
Shilling on Youtube clearly works on consoomers.

Fji9o52XEAIEEJV.jpg

Back