Uberschall different revs. Twin Jet

Metal1977":1g29rwp0 said:
jc986":1g29rwp0 said:
RockyStar":1g29rwp0 said:
Channel volume and presence control will alter things a lot.

+1. The presence control is probably the most powerful control on the amp. Think of it as more of a mid contour than a presence control. Treble behaves more like a traditional presence control, and Middle is more like a traditional treble control. All the controls seem to behave a little differently with the Presence set to different levels, so definitely experiment.

Sorry, i didn't want to hijack the OP thread but it's very helpful thanks!

Awe...No worries! All the content is great here. I picked up my rev blue and will not look back. I have to make clips so you guys can hear the clean. Sounds strange but this thing not only rips on the dirt side of things but the clean is crystal clear.

1meanplexi":76lkusby said:
Metal1977":76lkusby said:
jc986":76lkusby said:
RockyStar":76lkusby said:
Channel volume and presence control will alter things a lot.

+1. The presence control is probably the most powerful control on the amp. Think of it as more of a mid contour than a presence control. Treble behaves more like a traditional presence control, and Middle is more like a traditional treble control. All the controls seem to behave a little differently with the Presence set to different levels, so definitely experiment.

Sorry, i didn't want to hijack the OP thread but it's very helpful thanks!

Awe...No worries! All the content is great here. I picked up my rev blue and will not look back. I have to make clips so you guys can hear the clean. Sounds strange but this thing not only rips on the dirt side of things but the clean is crystal clear.

:thumbsup:

leib10":3n2nioyd said:
Yep, mine is 336. A fine vintage! I was letting it rip yesterday, it just seems to get better with age!
A fine vintage indeed sir! I got mine REALLY cheap and beat to hell from a tech from a touring band. Resurrected it and now it's well loved and played. :rock:

Well, I'm skeptical to be fair. He said it was Nonpoint's. Said they used it in the studio for the "To the Pain" album, and that the new guitarist after Goldman left used it on stage. I was never able to verify. He sold it to me saying that it didn't have the gain it once had, and no light on the dirty channel. He said they thought it was toast, so he sold it to me for a song. Thing was beat up looking too...logo mission, marks on the chassis, no handle, no rubber feat, and tons of ripped pieces of tolex. So, I got it, pulled it apart, fixed the light issue (led lamp was just disconnected from the board), then tested the tubes, and changed em all out. Turned out one power tube was failing....sigh. Got a new head shell, cleaned off the chassis from all the settings markings, and voila! It rips. I actually thought it was one of Mark Tremonti's old ubers based on 6L6's, the settings, the removed logo looked like one I saw in a pic a few years ago, and the way the settings were marked. Who knows though....

After a looooong wait I've got the #122.
This thing is a beast!
We're going to be recording a death metal band here in the studio, and the Uber is one of the amps we'll be trying out for the album. If it's the chosen one for the record I'll ask the band if I can post the result here.

SBlue":32od1mph said:
After a looooong wait I've got the #122.
This thing is a beast!
We're going to be recording a death metal band here in the studio, and the Uber is one of the amps we'll be trying out for the album. If it's the chosen one for the record I'll ask the band if I can post the result here.
PICS!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :rock:

By the way, any reason why naming one "Original" and the other "Rev 2"?
I've seen a Uberschall 2.0 boards even on early ones, like the #49.

Back