VHX Help - firmware/presets

rng52465

I just received my amp today and it was loaded with firmware 1.77. It only had 9 presets and I figured if I went and uploaded 1.71 per the support page, I would get all of the presets loaded. I did the update (actually was a backwards update 1.77 - 1.71). How can I get the newest firmware back and how do I get the presets I saw on all of the videos?

rng52465":13k3bd5l said:
I just received my amp today and it was loaded with firmware 1.77. It only had 9 presets and I figured if I went and uploaded 1.71 per the support page, I would get all of the presets loaded. I did the update (actually was a backwards update 1.77 - 1.71). How can I get the newest firmware back and how do I get the presets I saw on all of the videos?

Hi, yes that 9 preset are the only factory preset present as example, usually users wipe them to make their own as guitar cab and taste is also a very important factor!

Presets from video are also made by the guy from the video, it's extremely easy to make one, if you need assistance or guidance I'll be here to help you!

I will send you the latest beta version as well!

Thank you and enjoy your VHX ?

Leo Diezel":207wdpta said:
rng52465":207wdpta said:

Hi, yes that 9 preset are the only factory preset present as example, usually users wipe them to make their own as guitar cab and taste is also a very important factor!

Presets from video are also made by the guy from the video, it's extremely easy to make one, if you need assistance or guidance I'll be here to help you!

I believe I only have 8 presets. What is the latest beta 1.92?

joafink2":1xfeuh8w said:
Leo Diezel":1xfeuh8w said:
rng52465":1xfeuh8w said:

I believe I only have 8 presets. What is the latest beta 1.92?

Yes!

I forward the beta version via a mail list!

Your mail is included as well!

Next beta will include a feature requested by almost everyone :)

Just for a curiosity; what do those new SW releases really do? Just updrades to effects or ...? The signal chain including tubes etc. should be "SW free" and thus the Diezel magic should be there all the time unchanged?

TTV":c89rmrgz said:
Just for a curiosity; what do those new SW releases really do? Just updrades to effects or ...? The signal chain including tubes etc. should be "SW free" and thus the Diezel magic should be there all the time unchanged?

Below the change log from 1.72 to latest closed beta (1.96), update is usually about effects and features:

#1.81
Fixed Delay and Tremolo TAP Tempo parameter being saved (BUG)
Fixed Midi PC Edit Red Dot (BUG)
Improved Delay
Accurate digital knob to real knob curve
Global Volume (CC7 is now Global Volume, CC8 is Channel Volume, accessible through Preset Editor)
Channel Color Analyzer setting (Gray/Color)
Mute Global or Mute Power amp only setting

CC Controlled Wah (#CC68) -> It’s very close to what a Wah would sound in the front, but can’t be exact as it’s on the loop!
Removed Mute time when engaging an effect

#1.87
CC Controlled Whammy with usual “scratchy” sound too! (CC #CC69) (PITCH SHIFTER PEDAL MODE)
"MANUAL" label when WAH DECAY is 0 for better understanding

#1.91
2nd instead of 2th on Whammy
Treble Knob optimization
CC Controlled Mid-Cut (#CC9)

#1.92
Save shortcut when long pressing the preset button

#1.96
Reduce mute switch time
Remove mute fade when switching via MIDI
Reduced midi delay
IR loader :rock:

Just sent a message, but I figure maybe others might chime in. I'm using the Morningstar MC8 and would love to see a control change code to jump up a preset and down a preset. I'd also like to see a toggle FX only, leaving the preloop on.

What I've done was set up my controller for 6 presets or so, and then have one tuner preset, one for toggling FX. I could double button another control change code and kill the FX only, leaving preloop, should I wanna run a pedal still.

Back