Vintage output bridge humbucker for a superstrat

Scooped? I always heard them sounding really middy. Is the Roxy pickup more akin to JB and other hot rodded pafs?
The is similar on paper to the JB, but it doesn’t have the congestion of the JB and is more open. Generally speaking hand wound pickup are more open. Ive had people play the Roxy that are Hot PAF type players that don’t believe it’s as high output as it is because you get the heat and harmonics without as much high end loss associated with machine wound pickups of similar spec. People get caught of on DC resistance but it the wind count and magnet that are more important. My Roxy @17k+ is less than 5% hotter than my Sunset @14k+. The first is 7150 winds of 44awg wire vs 7000 winds is 43awg wire in the Sunset. The main difference is that the lower impedance will have less lowend and have less high end roll off. The high end rolloff is what gives the perception of a hotter pickup because it feels more compressed. It can do metal obviously but can do rock, rhythm, solo, etc. So far I gotten good feedback across the tone wood spectrum. I just had a clip sent to me last night in a basswood body pulling of some VH’ish tones in contrast to Daniels awesome metal tones

The is similar on paper to the JB, but it doesn’t have the congestion of the JB and is more open. Generally speaking hand wound pickup are more open. Ive had people play the Roxy that are Hot PAF type players that don’t believe it’s as high output as it is because you get the heat and harmonics without as much high end loss associated with machine wound pickups of similar spec. People get caught of on DC resistance but it the wind count and magnet that are more important. My Roxy @17k+ is less than 5% hotter than my Sunset @14k+. The first is 7150 winds of 44awg wire vs 7000 winds is 43awg wire in the Sunset. The main difference is that the lower impedance will have less lowend and have less high end roll off. The high end rolloff is what gives the perception of a hotter pickup because it feels more compressed. It can do metal obviously but cadQ WISEo rock, rhythm, solo, etc. So far I gotten good feedback across the tone wood spectrum. I just had a clip sent to me last night in a basswood body pulling of some VH’ish tones in contrast to Daniels awesome metal tones
Ah i see, is the Sunset Strip similar to JB EQ-wise? High-mids mostly and trebly?

and I do not charge for it....and I guarentee a happy ending....
Question Jack, where does it end?
Example: My son & I stopped for lunch last week at a pizza parlor.
The manager at the parlor…, let’s just say,
He or she has had one too many birds on their
antenna.., anyways, as we were leaving, we saw the manager jolt to their car in a handicapped spot.
My son began chuckling uncontrollably followed by just pointing at the bumper on the vehicle.
There was a bright & colorful bumper sticker installed right in the middle of the bumper,
the bumper sticker read:
“I’m so GAY, I can’t drive straight”
Not a happy ending for me at lunchtime dude.
Jack, I wouldn’t have been able to drive straight either if I had peanut butter legs,

PS—What fired me up man, was WTF does a humans sexuality have to do with his or her driving performance???
Looking to start shit, hmm?
Maybe those frothy peanut butter legs need some
green jelly?
Ya feel me?

antenna.., anyways, as we were leaving, we saw the manager jolt to their car in a handicapped spot.
My son began chuckling uncontrollably followed by just pointing at the bumper on the vehicle.
There was a bright & colorful bumper sticker installed right in the middle of the bumper,
the bumper sticker read:
Jack, I wouldn’t have been able to drive straight either if I had peanut butter legs,

PS—What fired me up man, was WTF does a humans sexuality have to do with his or her driving performance???
green jelly?
Ya feel me?
My dude, each and every one of your posts is damn near incoherent and so far off in altered space that I struggle with how to read them. Are you alright?

the bumper sticker read:

green jelly?
Ya feel me?
it never ends, and no not really....are you looking to start some shit?:love:

scottosan...makes a quality product...takes care of his forum bros....makes exactly what you need....and he has peanut butter legs.....smooth-brown-and easy to spread player....:love:

I got a Sunset humbucker from him to put in my Bauer; still haven't actually installed it yet though :LOL: looking forward to checking it out

I love the ones I got from him. The bridge is a prototype that he gave away to me, and the neck is a more vintage spec one. Real smooth....stay on the bridge though...love it. Had I problem with the neck PUP and he had me call him and went over some stuff on the phone and boom....G2G...that my friend is customer service...

I've always liked Duncan Alnico II pros for medium output needs in any guitar. Was also impressed by the Friedman classic + for mid output.

Back