We lost another ZZ

  • Thread starter Thread starter Geo
  • Start date Start date
Geo

Geo

Well-known member
Screenshot 2026-08-18 162339.jpg
 
I just saw ZZ Top a few months ago and unfortunately Frank wasn't there but they said he would play at shows occasionally.

The one thing I dig with all of these musicians is that they continue to play music up until the end.
 
Sucks to lose another legend. When I think of ZZ Top I always think of my Buddy's Green 72 Chevelle and it had an old early 80's tape deck with Fandango stuck in it. Love that album especially the live tracks. That album is in my head we heard it so much and we all still love it.
 
RIP Frank. 😔 Speaking of ZZ Top, Billy Gibbons walked 1 feet from me at an airport around 1.5 months ago whilst I was waiting for boarding a plane. Should have thanked him for his music…
 
RIP Frank Beard. Another hero falls and does not rise.
 
RIP.
Caught them about 15 yrs ago in Tampa - they sounded great.
We're not getting any younger - go see these bands while you can.
 
RIP.
Caught them about 15 yrs ago in Tampa - they sounded great.
We're not getting any younger - go see these bands while you can.

+1
I was fortunate to see ZZ Top at a relatively small outdoor venue on the water about 15 yrs ago also - hadn’t seen them before so it was way cool. Love Billy Gibbons. Joan Jett opened (yawn).
 
Sad news :( RIP and thanks for the music. I'll crank an old ZZ Top in memory.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top