What is it with people and their poor judgment in...

Skrln

What is it with people and their poor judgment in financial planning.

The classifieds are flooded with ads saying they need to let go of gear because of "other financial priorities that have come up".

If a one time 1000 or 2000 dollar sale is such a dramatic change in your family's financial stability they might want to consider the consequences a bit more before buying the brand new gear I'd say.
And if that 2000 dollars is part of a larger debt problem it's even more absurd that they've bought the damn thing in the first place when they clearly can't afford it.

There are even ads that represent only a couple of hundred dollars in value but the seller claims it would really turn his money problems around.

People need to either stop lying or start getting there priorities straight before buying stuff... :doh:

Skrln":3nnlxumq said:

The classifieds are flooded with ads saying they need to let go of gear because of "other financial priorities that have come up".

If a one time 1000 or 2000 dollar sale is such a dramatic change in your family's financial stability they might want to consider the consequences a bit more before buying the brand new gear I'd say.
And if that 2000 dollars is part of a larger debt problem it's even more absurd that they've bought the damn thing in the first place when they clearly can't afford it.

There are even ads that represent only a couple of hundred dollars in value but the seller claims it would really turn his money problems around.

People need to either stop lying or start getting there priorities straight before buying stuff... :doh:

Ehhhh...ad's are ad's...at the end of the day, I couldn't care less why someone is selling.

I'll admit to laughing my ass off at "absolutely NO trades...need the cash....my cat needs surgery" then a week later seeing a list of trades the seller would consider :LOL: :LOL:

Lighten up, why do you even care what other people are doing with their money or am I missing something in your post :D .

Skrln":1smh9qlj said:

nah, being an independant, my income fluctuates so much, and also I need gear for different projects, when a slow month comes up, you can bet a few hundred dollars can mean making rent or not. Some of us don't have the luxury of steady big paychecks and living comfortable. it sometimes is a struggle to make ends meet. BTW, the topic kinda comes off as high brow, imo of course.

Things can come up that people don't expect. Sometimes things that people expect don't come up.

Some people say that instead of saying "I'm selling this because I don't like it", because that is a piss-poor way to sell something.

Whatever the reason, why the hell do you care? Why be so fucking judgemental? Worry about yourself.

it sucks but its a part of life and nothing anyone should judge over - its a personal trait based on choices of the individual. Certainly not a topic for discussion, everyone knows shit happens and money does not grow on trees. Some people bust their ass for what they have and letting go of an investment like an amplifier is hard - hence the interest in trade + cash.

I have a really good response, however, it's so good that I think I'll keep it to myself and just start a new thread instead! :D

jcj":3ijvkx2w said:
Skrln":3ijvkx2w said:

Ehhhh...ad's are ad's...at the end of the day, I couldn't care less why someone is selling.

I'll admit to laughing my ass off at "absolutely NO trades...need the cash....my cat needs surgery" then a week later seeing a list of trades the seller would consider :LOL: :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL: :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

Every person on this board has made a bad decision or two.... :cry:

I doubt everyone that says they are hurting really is, perhaps they think their junk will sell faster because someone will feel sorry for them. I agree with sjk, who cares why it is for sale.............I care if I can get it for a steal. :D :rock:

Why even post a reason for selling in an ad? I never do. Who the fuck cares? :confused:

The "my cat needs surgery" one is absolutely hilarious, though. I have seen that one a few times and I never would have thought I would see it once! :LOL: :LOL:

killertone":9i17k7vl said:
The "my cat needs surgery" one is absolutely hilarious, though. I have seen that one a few times and I never would have thought I would see it once! :LOL: :LOL:
It was Tragic.....poor fluffy didnt even see them dogs with Baseball bats....
The Surgery cost me 12K....but dammit....FLUFFY WILL WALK AGAIN!!!

Mailman1971":1fo5vdsv said:
killertone":1fo5vdsv said:
:LOL: :LOL: Poor poor fluffy!!!!

Well....I've made some bad decisions this past year that has hit my bank acounts pretty hard, I have nothing to sell so...I'm just gonna ask that, Please send what you can to my paypal account at kurtsstuff@hotmail.com I'm asking this because I want to buy some other shit thats for sale in the classifieds and I really don't want to spend my own money anymore and so..By doing this just consider it a "prepay" to me for the same shit I wanna buy that I'll be selling later ....Cool?? :D

Mailman1971":kfsbrenm said:
killertone":kfsbrenm said:

That pic!!!!
:hys: :hys: :hys: :hys:

kurtsstuff":fanbargc said:
Well....I've made some bad decisions this past year that has hit my bank acounts pretty hard, I have nothing to sell so...I'm just gonna ask that, Please send what you can to my paypal account at kurtsstuff@hotmail.com I'm asking this because I want to buy some other shit thats for sale in the classifieds and I really don't want to spend my own money anymore and so..By doing this just consider it a "prepay" to me for the same shit I wanna buy that I'll be selling later ....Cool?? :D
I shoulda sold those tubes to someone else :( Sorry

Back