What Orange amp do you have?

Ever growing Orange collection.
20230215_095650.jpg

Been on the hunt for an OR120 and Overdrive. Settled on a Matamp GT120MV for the moment but still hoping to find one eventually.

I had all 4 Oranges hooked up not too long ago. Dopesmoker for days! In all reality though I mostly use these amps slightly pushed as pedal platforms with a ton of effects.
I have an OR15 and have been trying to get a few BAT pedals to play nice with it:

• Destroyer
  • Black Sheep
  • Coven
For these 3, should I keep the amp fairly clean, and let the dirt come from the pedals? I've also tried swapping a couple preamp tubes out (ex: 5751 in V1).

I have an OR15 and have been trying to get a few BAT pedals to play nice with it:

• Destroyer
  • Black Sheep
  • Coven
For these 3, should I keep the amp fairly clean, and let the dirt come from the pedals? I've also tried swapping a couple preamp tubes out (ex: 5751 in V1).
I have the BAT Destroyer and Pharaoh that rotate in my doom board for when I want that "Sleep" drone sound.

Yes keep it on the clean side. With all these Orange amps that I have, max the volume and use the gain knob to bring up the loudness level. Somewhere between 10-11 o'clock the gain knob hits an additional gain stage. You want to keep it below that point for fuzz pedals or you'll loose definition and sound like crap.

Crank up the volume on the pedals as well to further push the front end of the amp. For reference, crank your amp volume, turn on the Oath side of the Destroyer (left loud AF switch) and bring your gain on the amp up til your at a good volume level. That roughly how you want to run fuzz pedals into the OR to get the most out of it (just maybe not all the way dimed like that but you'll get the point). I run the Destroyer into the Pharaoh and it sounds massive.

See if this works. If not when I get back in town I'll snap some pics of my settings.

Also, if you haven't, check out Oscillator Devices YouTube channel for great fuzz stacking combos.

Last edited:
Back