• TV volume or lower

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Loud TV volume

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • 90+ dB

Votes: 32 47.1%

• Total voters
Headphones right now, because I live in an apartment. :(

Back in Mexico, I played around loud-ish TV volumes to just practice, but I'd usually crank up the 4x12 loud to do some mic'd tone tests and whatnot regularly. I did think the 5150III (and pretty much all other amps I've had) recorded best at slightly below full-band practice volumes, so that's what I went with, so I never really reached full-band volumes, TBH. But well over 90 dB for sure.

I live in a apartment, so it depends on my mood. If I feel like an asshole I'll play at 100+ db's. But usually it's at loud TV volumes.

Seriously loud when no one is home which is fairly often . There is absolutely nothing inspiring about playing tube amps at low volume and my hearing is already shot from music and work !!! OH YEAH!!!!

All of the above;

Modelers and plugins are lower volumes; tube amps need to be louder to get the MV/power section contributing to the sound the way I like it.

I have considered an attenuator.

As loud as I want which usually isn’t that loud, nut shaking volume is fun for me only in short spurts now. I hardly ever play “in the room” anymore though, I have my cabs mic’d in a closet and listen through my monitors

2.5-3 on the master of a 120W 6550 loaded Marshall through two 4x12s. Not loud enough to piss off the whole block but loud enough if you’re walking by my house you’ll definitely hear my shit playing.

Right now, life is work and kids. So loud TV volume when they’re gone, and TV volume once they’re asleep. I’ve switched to 10” and 8” speakers.

Ex: Greenback and Creamback 10”

I just recently fell into a 1965 with the g10L-35s, and I'm really surprised at how fantastic it sounds

Unfortunately I'm going to have to purge a bunch of gear for dental bills, and I probably will need to sell it too, but I've definitely had my mind changed as far as the 10s go.

Pretty loud , louder than loud TV volume . When low volume is called for I use my Boss Katana mini which really comes in handy

Yeah. Loud. So I can feel it but I keep my Apple noise cancel airbuds in to help ear pain. There is something that I feel from the cabinets that tells me I’m loud enough. Nothing like feeling air move

Bought a house, so if I have a time to play, I like to shake the walls a bit :). That's something completely different, than headphones in an apartment due to very nervous old neighbor witch.

I have a 5150-III so I literally can play at any volume and sounds great to me but I probably should get an attenuator eventually as mentioned.

Reactions: ccn
Back