Cabinet for EVH 5150 III Stealth 100W

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thrane
  • Start date Start date
Fact, maths, whatever you want to say. My point is that know one is buying your nonsense. You made yourself look like a moron here for 50+ pages and there is no running away from it.

If everyone is sick of me, I welcome them to write down their concerns or comments and I will file them appropriately.
No! Those two things cannot exist at the same time. Unlike most of the shit you believe in, this is actually one of those rare zero-sum cases.
Officially these are still 25 watt speakers.
Period.
Don't bitch about warranty, because Fender/EVH rated the 4*12 cab for 100 Watts. Period. No more grey area. No more 6-7. No more "yeah but my buddy told me the label of the speaker said 20." No. Just... No.
Bad dog.
Pat on the nose.
Back in the bench.

Yet, you *keep* pivoting on this case for the fuckin' engagement. You seem to thrive on responses, even if they carefully dissect your whole world view.
Very sad. So sad.

Jeez as said what a drag : (
 
Like I said, all for the engagement...
Congratulations 🎉 we've reached 60 pages. I bet @Thrane is soooo happy now, thanks to you.
Good boy.
Now back in the bench and start washing that hairy sack. 😂
 
1786836449443.gif
 
You know, it amazes me that The-Kid is still involved in this thread. You've really done a dis-service to yourself and your standing on the RT forum.

Let's get one thing out of the way. Every speaker maker fudges the power rating #'s. I do it for my low power PVC speakers, the ones with the KRAFT voice coils.

The 20w M75-PVC and H75-PVC 25w paper/Kraft voice coil melt at 33w. Why did I underrate them? Because way too many of you guys don't know how much power your amps put out clean and overdriven. Period, end of discussion. After 23 years, it's been proven to me over & over again. Does it also have something to do with vintage specs? Of course it does! But I build my speakers for a certain tone, not a power requirement. Yeah, there's a difference.

As for all of this hand wringing, OMG, most of you are arm chair quarterbacks without the real world experience to even argue this subject with proper facts. Most of you parrot other player's "opinions". The problem with that is, you don't know if they ever had the facts in the first place, so you are perpetrating more nonsense and hoping you get style points on a gear forum that will forget your "posted opinion" in two days, unless you keep coming back to making the same already disproven points/facts/bullshit.

You all need to get off the fucking keyboard and back on your fretboards. FFS, you must have some chops that need work, and let's face it, we all do!

Give this fucking subject a rest (@The-Kid, you lost, just STFU already, ok?)!
 
Last edited:

Listen kid I told you not to take those outlaw mudshow bumps - you AIN'T FOLEY, ya hear?

Everyone only has so many punches on their bump card before they need to cash out, and the more punches you have on your card the more likely you are to end up daffy, got it jack? Bats in the belfry. Looney, like the Crippler!

So stop killing the town with your hotshot all friends rasslin spots, got it?
 
You know, it amazes me that The-Kid is still involved in this thread. You've really done a dis-service to yourself and your standing on the RT forum.

Let's get one thing out of the way. Every speaker maker fudges the power rating #'s. I do it for my low power PVC speakers, the ones with the KRAFT voice coils.

The 20w M75-PVC and H75-PVC 25w paper/Kraft voice coil melt at 33w. Why did I underrate them? Because way too many of you guys don't know how much power your amps put out clean and overdriven. Period, end of discussion. After 23 years, it's been proven to me over & over again. Does it also have something to do with vintage specs? Of course it does! But I build my speakers for a certain tone, not a power requirement. Yeah, there's a difference.

As for all of this hand wringing, OMG, most of you are arm chair quarterbacks without the real world experience to even argue this subject with proper facts. Most of you parrot other player's "opinions". The problem with that is, you don't know if they ever had the facts in the first place, so you are perpetrating more nonsense and hoping you get style points on a gear forum that will forget your "posted opinion" in two days, unless you keep coming back to making the same already disproven points/facts/bullshit.

You all need to get off the fucking keyboard and back on your fretboards. FFS, you must have some chops that need work, and let's face it, we all do!

Give this fucking subject a rest (@The-Kid, you lost, just STFU already, ok?)!
Right on and thank you Jim for coming in to clear things up as to why speakers are rated as such.



I figure its done so guys dont burn through their voice coils and melt them just as you said...... And for that reason and one could imagine as you said dudes don't understand the difference between clean/overdriven and the burn/melt coils on something like your 20w M75-PVC as you just said and your speakers are labeled 20w just like the EVH/Heritage Greenback speakers.... both your speakers and their speakers are labeled 20w...... So what are we even talking about here.

On your website the 20w labeled Scumback speakers aren't covered by warranty if they blow either......


From your website.


"The 20w speakers are built to the original 1967 Kraft paper voice coil (PVC) specs. If sent too much power, they can spark or catch on fire. Due to this possibility, they are sold without any warranty, liability or guarantee. Once you mount them, they are non-returnable, period, no exceptions. It is strongly recommended you buy four of these for a 50w amp, and eight for a 100w amp. While I have never had one spark or catch on fire since 2011, there is the potential it could happen."





Respectfully since you and others care to revisit this it figures this could be a potential warranty issue and void warranty if one is pushing the speakers more than what the label says it's rated for and its all I have been saying so what are we even talking about and maybe Celestion will or won't cover them under warranty given the ratings of the speakers on the labels/spec sheets at 20 watts and in any case they aren't liable to really given such circumstances :dunno:


Why would Celestion honor the warranty of individually sold speakers if they are put under more power/stress than the label is rating the speaker for to handle nvm the spec sheet? Nvm they aren't legally liable to honor warranty if someone breaks their warranty conditions?



Dont mean to bring this up again and it's been a week and well Im just minding my own business. I just came in to say hey the ENGL ain't bad...... And well I'm not the one bringing this stuff back up.... I dropped it and some of these dudes just can't let it go or drop it.... Its been more than a week and all I came in to say was the ENGL ain't a bad option and Spedster and others couldn't help but bring this up again...... I dropped it why can't they.


Some of these guys are pretty bent out of shape over it and well hear hear to getting to playing and just chilling out and well who cares ultimately, there are probably more important things to be worried about or be upset about..... I'm over it and well at the end of the day seems like OP found a cab that works for him and we all learned something new about speakers.

Also well aware of the Kraft paper you use and I've always known or read somewhere that's why you do it on your site or somewhere and rate speakers as such. Its the old way and well nothing wrong with that, I had some in a Vintage Club 50 that had Kraft paper too. Great speakers and I think even Eminence GB12s came with Kraft. Not a lot of stuff is made like that nowadays and IMO it's a sign of quality.


In any case it's Saturday and well I'm kind of tired of this stuff and not really paying much attention to it or have for a week or however long it's been. Im sure we all have better things to do anyway.


Check out this vid to anyone interested too, nice shootout and Scumbacks hold up IMO👍


 
Last edited:
Listen kid I told you not to take those outlaw mudshow bumps - you AIN'T FOLEY, ya hear?

Everyone only has so many punches on their bump card before they need to cash out, and the more punches you have on your card the more likely you are to end up daffy, got it jack? Bats in the belfry. Looney, like the Crippler!

So stop killing the town with your hotshot all friends rasslin spots, got it?
Yes sir.. *sad face*
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.
Speaking of Engl...There’s also the Savage MK2. How does it compare to the EVH 5150 Stealth?I’ve owned a Fireball 100 and a Peavey 6505 combo in the past.I liked both of them.Is the Savage the better choice here compared to the EVH Stealth?
 
Once AGAIN ~kid, you have NO CLUE what F you are talking about.
The Engl is a AMPLIFIER.... Not a cabinet.. J...F....C.
PLEASE JUST SHUT UP... You have ultimately proven what everyone has been saying.... You talk out of your A**hole just to hear yourself talk...
SHUT..........UP!

Regards,
Batman...
 
Once AGAIN ~kid, you have NO CLUE what F you are talking about.
The Engl is a AMPLIFIER.... Not a cabinet.. J...F....C.
PLEASE JUST SHUT UP... You have ultimately proven what everyone has been saying.... You talk out of your A**hole just to hear yourself talk...
SHUT..........UP!

Regards,
Batman...
Um okay last I checked the Engl Savage matching had cab to it...... Jeez..... But that is neither here or there and talk about getting bent out of shape..... :dunno:


Pardon me Charvel Dan/The Polish Hammer.
 
Thank you.
Speaking of Engl...There’s also the Savage MK2. How does it compare to the EVH 5150 Stealth?I’ve owned a Fireball 100 and a Peavey 6505 combo in the past.I liked both of them.Is the Savage the better choice here compared to the EVH Stealth?
You might want to try both (if possible) and see for yourself.
There are so many variables like playing style, amount of gain you like, channels, looks, the list is endless..
The Savage I believe does have a noise gate, which is pretty cool.
I think it's safe to say almost everyone likes the EVH Stealth, it's a beast..
ENGL is no slouch either.. it's up to you man. Try them both and you decide. There is nothing worse than going by opinions and ending up disappointed.

*Edit*. The EVH Stealth is always available on the used market. "Used" is a pretty scary word to some people but from what I've seen you can find really nice clean, like new ones on the used market.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Um okay last I checked the Engl Savage matching had cab to it...... Jeez..... But that is neither here or there and talk about getting bent out of shape.....


Pardon me Charvel Dan/The Polish Hammer.
Once again.....
Proven wrong and your comeback is an insult..
Just....STOP...

1786863456983.gif
 
I wouldn't say one is better than the other and well ultimately it just depends on what works for you or at least thats the way I look at it and what you're after.

You also have Birch on the ENGL can a vs a mix of Birch/Pine on the EVH cabs so there is that to consider as well.
Omfg. @Scumback Speakers just made a whole point about experience-less armchair quarterbacks (which you have a thumbs up on too... ) and here we have the Kid giving 'advice' again on matters you most likely don't have real world experience on.
FFS.😑😣
Have you ever played an Engl Savage yourself? Or an EVH Stealth? I know I have. Even in an A/B session where I could check my 50W 6L6 v1 against my buddies 50W Stealth.... on... wait for it..... An Engl cab! 😂

@Thrane the Stealth will have more gain on blue channel, a tad tighter and more focused overall, and less of that 'cloinky' plasticky shit in the mids. But, the differences are quite subtle.

When it comes to comparing it to Engls, both will do tight, punchy, compressed tone with plenty of gain, but with a different 'grain'. The EVH can probably sound a bit bigger, unless you engage the depth boost on the Savage.
My issue with the stock EVH is (and it's a little improved on the Stealth), the insane amount of gain on the red channel.
My solution was to replace 2 preamp tubes (stock 12AX7) with 5751's, which will bring down the gain just enough, that the insanity starts at 2 'o clock on the gain knob, instead of noon. And conversely, this means that in the lower settings, you suddenly have some useful range for 70's hard rock (Thin Lizzy), should you want that.

One thing I love about my old Savage 60 is the rawness of it. Pissed-off Marshall-like, and not as modern sounding as the Fireball or EVH.

There, real world, first hand experience, but leave it to the Kid to bitch about this somehow too. 🙈

Jim, if you wonder why I kept this up.... I'm professionally allergic to BS and insincerity and there's only one person in this whole shitshow of a thread exhibiting those traits.
 
Omfg. @Scumback Speakers just made a whole point about experience-less armchair quarterbacks (which you have a thumbs up on too... ) and here we have the Kid giving 'advice' again on matters you most likely don't have real world experience on.
FFS.😑😣
Have you ever played an Engl Savage yourself? Or an EVH Stealth? I know I have. Even in an A/B session where I could check my 50W 6L6 v1 against my buddies 50W Stealth.... on... wait for it..... An Engl cab! 😂

@Thrane the Stealth will have more gain on blue channel, a tad tighter and more focused overall, and less of that 'cloinky' plasticky shit in the mids. But, the differences are quite subtle.

When it comes to comparing it to Engls, both will do tight, punchy, compressed tone with plenty of gain, but with a different 'grain'. The EVH can probably sound a bit bigger, unless you engage the depth boost on the Savage.
My issue with the stock EVH is (and it's a little improved on the Stealth), the insane amount of gain on the red channel.
My solution was to replace 2 preamp tubes (stock 12AX7) with 5751's, which will bring down the gain just enough, that the insanity starts at 2 'o clock on the gain knob, instead of noon. And conversely, this means that in the lower settings, you suddenly have some useful range for 70's hard rock (Thin Lizzy), should you want that.

One thing I love about my old Savage 60 is the rawness of it. Pissed-off Marshall-like, and not as modern sounding as the Fireball or EVH.

There, real world, first hand experience, but leave it to the Kid to bitch about this somehow too. 🙈

Jim, if you wonder why I kept this up.... I'm professionally allergic to BS and insincerity and there's only one person in this whole shitshow of a thread exhibiting those traits.
Pardon me again as said I was referring to the matching cabs of respective amps...... So much for your gotcha BS.....


I'm not here bitching about anything or upset as much as you are over nothing, get over it :dunno:
 
Last edited:
Omfg. @Scumback Speakers just made a whole point about experience-less armchair quarterbacks (which you have a thumbs up on too... ) and here we have the Kid giving 'advice' again on matters you most likely don't have real world experience on.
FFS.😑😣
Have you ever played an Engl Savage yourself? Or an EVH Stealth? I know I have. Even in an A/B session where I could check my 50W 6L6 v1 against my buddies 50W Stealth.... on... wait for it..... An Engl cab! 😂

@Thrane the Stealth will have more gain on blue channel, a tad tighter and more focused overall, and less of that 'cloinky' plasticky shit in the mids. But, the differences are quite subtle.

When it comes to comparing it to Engls, both will do tight, punchy, compressed tone with plenty of gain, but with a different 'grain'. The EVH can probably sound a bit bigger, unless you engage the depth boost on the Savage.
My issue with the stock EVH is (and it's a little improved on the Stealth), the insane amount of gain on the red channel.
My solution was to replace 2 preamp tubes (stock 12AX7) with 5751's, which will bring down the gain just enough, that the insanity starts at 2 'o clock on the gain knob, instead of noon. And conversely, this means that in the lower settings, you suddenly have some useful range for 70's hard rock (Thin Lizzy), should you want that.

One thing I love about my old Savage 60 is the rawness of it. Pissed-off Marshall-like, and not as modern sounding as the Fireball or EVH.

There, real world, first hand experience, but leave it to the Kid to bitch about this somehow too. 🙈

Jim, if you wonder why I kept this up.... I'm professionally allergic to BS and insincerity and there's only one person in this whole shitshow of a thread exhibiting those traits.
Thanks for your comments.
I need a really clean channel for my intros ect. and a highgain channel for the chug stuff:-)
 
Yes Charvel Dan/The Polish Hammer......


Whatever you say bro 😂
Here is a life lesson for you.... And please read/listen really well to this...
#1. I am not charvel dan... No clue as to why you would even remotely think this. (I think I know, but I won't get into the subject of mental health).
#2. You are NOT funny... Things you think are funny/like are not funny... At all.
#3. We are NOT laughing with you, we are laughing AT you...
#4. Please refer to #3 for the rest of your life...
 
Here is a life lesson for you.... And please read/listen really well to this...
#1. I am not charvel dan... No clue as to why you would even remotely think this. (I think I know, but I won't get into the subject of mental health).
#2. You are NOT funny... Things you think are funny/like are not funny... At all.
#3. We are NOT laughing with you, we are laughing AT you...
#4. Please refer to #3 for the rest of your life...
Great well........

Says the random new guy who just came in right around the time Charvel Dan left.....

In either case maybe there are better things to do than be upset/angry over a conversation about speakers and what a drag :dunno:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top