Whats up with all the different Fuzz Faces ?

Martymig

I posted in another sub forum here but I'm asking here also.
I bought just about every Fuzz Face version there is until I found one that sounds good. It's the Band of Gypsys version. I have the mini pedal but there's a normal size version of what I have but it's $600.00......! Why is it so much more than the mini version ? Aren't they the same thing just ones in a smaller casing ?

I posted in another sub forum here but I'm asking here also.
I bought just about every Fuzz Face version there is until I found one that sounds good. It's the Band of Gypsys version. I have the mini pedal but there's a normal size version of what I have but it's $600.00......! Why is it so much more than the mini version ? Aren't they the same thing just ones in a smaller casing ?
I had both BOG versions. IMO, the same, and IMO both sucked. Dunlop's fantasy about what Jimi's BOG Fuzz was and the created this abortion.
If you want a fuzz that gets both Hendrix LIVE and STUDIO tones, look at the Roger Mayer Visage Fuzz. 45 variations in one box.

I had both BOG versions. IMO, the same, and IMO both sucked. Dunlop's fantasy about what Jimi's BOG Fuzz was and the created this abortion.
If you want a fuzz that gets both Hendrix LIVE and STUDIO tones, look at the Roger Mayer Visage Fuzz. 45 variations in one box.
Thank you. It's getting quite expensive buying all these Fuzz Faces and not getting what I want from them. I was almost ready to buy the bigger BOG version.

Thank you. It's getting quite expensive buying all these Fuzz Faces and not getting what I want from them. I was almost ready to buy the bigger BOG version.
I've been there, over and over again. Nothing special about the bigger BOG except it's discontinued and people ask crazy prices for them.
I found an old clip of my mini BOG Fuzz. The Marshall SC20 was set dirty and the BOG used like an OD on top of it. That was the only way the BOG worked for me.

I've been there, over and over again. Nothing special about the bigger BOG except it's discontinued and people ask crazy prices for them.
I found an old clip of my mini BOG Fuzz. The Marshall SC20 was set dirty and the BOG used like an OD on top of it. That was the only way the BOG worked for me.

Thats a great rock fuzz tone

The BOG isn't really a fuzz face circuit, it's an Octavio without the octave up. No reason for it to be expensive. As for pedals that are based on the fuzz face circuit, prices usually depend on what transistors are used. Some are cheap, some have been out of production for decades.

That's sounded nice. I'm also looking into the Roger Mayer Octavia. There's so many different ones. I'm looking at the Rocket series Anniversary edition. What do you think ?

That's sounded nice. I'm also looking into the Roger Mayer Octavia. There's so many different ones. I'm looking at the Rocket series Anniversary edition. What do you think ?
The RM Octavia Rocket Series is very good. I'm actually looking for an Octavia. I have owned many thru the years. I recently had the MXR Octavio. That was good. The Fulltone Octafuzz was great. On my board I have a King Tone Octaland, which is excellent. I HAD the Octaland mini as well, excellent.
The one I was shooting for is the Chicago Iron Octavian. Non of his dealers have anything and I'm not into a long wait.
I may go w/ the RM Octavia Rocket Series, but they are $350!!! I remember getting those Rocket Series fuzzes for $100.

The RM Octavia Rocket Series is very good. I'm actually looking for an Octavia. I have owned many thru the years. I recently had the MXR Octavio. That was good. The Fulltone Octafuzz was great. On my board I have a King Tone Octaland, which is excellent. I HAD the Octaland mini as well, excellent.
The one I was shooting for is the Chicago Iron Octavian. Non of his dealers have anything and I'm not into a long wait.
I may go w/ the RM Octavia Rocket Series, but they are $350!!! I remember getting those Rocket Series fuzzes for $100.
Yep, the prices are going up. That's why I'm looking into buying now instead of waiting.
I like the MXR Octavio also. I might just stick with that. I have a couple of bootleg Octavias also. One is supposed to be the old Tychobra circuit...

I just found a Chicago Iron Octavian on Viugou for $54 00 ! Now I have no idea if it's used or not or where it's shipping from but for the money I bought one. I seen that they're going for $500.00 and up.

Quick google search of "is viugou legit" shows nothing but bad shit. I just looked and they have 91 Gibson LP Studios for like $70 etc....gotta be a scam site :(

Quick google search of "is viugou legit" shows nothing but bad shit. I just looked and they have 91 Gibson LP Studios for like $70 etc....gotta be a scam site :(
I know, that's what I'm thinking.... I seen the samething you did. I used PayPal to process the payment and I've emailed this Viogou place to see what's up. They did send me a confirmation email that I purchased the item and invoice so, it's a waiting game now. All I have to gain is a 54 dollar Octavia or my money back with nothing to lose.

That would be awesome as hell if you get it! I hope you do :rock:
So do I.....but I'm seriously having my doubts. The only thing that's keeping any glimmer of hope in me is the fact that I received an email from them with the invoice enclosed. I always have PayPal on my side also. So it's a win win in my book. Either I get the pedal or I get my 50 bucs back.

I'm amazed.......... I just received confirmation that my item shipped and the supplied me with a tracking number.
It looks like I'm getting it.

Back