What's your best looking amp

jlbaxe":2tccdojy said:
Ventura":2tccdojy said:
Ann.%20Xsty_02_1.JPG
+1 This :D

+2. Mine has the meteor tolex and so isn't quite as sexy.

-C

Chubtone":2kae56e6 said:
lester":2kae56e6 said:
Nice... and when I'm not riding I'm staring at my bike too. :D

I love staring at mechanical things too. An flat 6 or inline 6 engine with individual throttle bodies or old Weber carbs. Heck any engine by Alfa Romeo. A dialed in suspension set up with adjustable coil-overs. Carbon fiber wings or front splitters, slotted rotors and four piston calipers...... see, now you are making me want to go to a different type of forum. I miss the race track............ BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's the lamest thing I've ever heard you say. It's like you typed "A smallblock or bigblock V8 with a Holley 750 dbl pumper, highrise Edelbrock manifold, or a B&M blower. Heck, any engine by GM, MOPAR, or Ford. Air shocks and ladder bars. Wheelie wheels and shaker scoops" into a Cool to Gay translator. :emofag: :emofag: :D ;)

lester":2d9an175 said:
It's fun looking at some bad ass rigs.. not too tough.

I bet I wouldn't be the only one to dig your Super Trem Curt... post it up!

And a shovel...
shovelhead-engine.jpg

Nice... and when I'm not riding I'm staring at my bike too. :D

Show your Shovel thread :thumbsup:

201F1DC8-5325-47D9-97EE-69389A2B0323-10026-00000F3A3BF387B4_zpsf57270b7.jpg

Ventura":2tc2vfrf said:
rupe":2tc2vfrf said:
DAMN!!!!! That's a FINE-ASS Matchless!! What's the scoop on that?? Speakers?? Where'd ya get it??
I bought it new back in '97/'98 (it's a '97 Chieftain). I was a Matchless dealer at the time but wasn't really that interested in owning one myself. Then I plugged in one day to demo a pedal and that was it...off the floor it came :LOL: :LOL: I can only describe it as Vox AC30 meets plexi Marshall but that wouldn't do it complete justice. It has the most beautiful cleans that I've heard in an amp and can get nice and rude (cranked Marshall-like) at ear-bleeding volumes with more sustain than you would think possible for the amount of gain you get without a pedal...somewhat of a clean-ish sustain if that makes sense...not compressed. It also takes pedals like a champ. It has a loop but I've never used it. Speakers are stock Matchless (modified G12H30s).
The down side is the weight...damn near 90lbs. It's a back breaker.

I gotta go with my Deliverance....it just looks like it means business! :D

Though my Prosonic is pretty sweet looking, too.....total wolf in sheep's clothing :rawk:

b0c348bf.jpg

1295b5d3.jpg

rupe":3uixswhp said:
That's the lamest thing I've ever heard you say. It's like you typed "A smallblock or bigblock V8 with a Holley 750 dbl pumper, highrise Edelbrock manifold, or a B&M blower. Heck, any engine by GM, MOPAR, or Ford. Air shocks and ladder bars. Wheelie wheels and shaker scoops" into a Cool to Gay translator. :emofag: :emofag: :D ;)

Incorrect my friend. I don't like putting all my time and energy and money into something where the end goal is something that lasts 10 or 11 seconds. Reminds me too much of high school dating. ;)

I grew up in the midwest. I was a muscle car guy through and through. I came out to visit my cousin in So Cal when I was 17 years old. I had a pretty bad ass '68 Mustang with a 302 and it was one of the coolest and fastest cars at my high school. I brought pics to show my cousins because they were cars guys too. So we get out to LA and we are hanging out and I notice some primered, boxy little thing in his driveway. I couldn't wait to show them the pics of my car. So I did and we are talking cars and he and his friend are kind of goofing on me and my car and I am stumped. Finally I blurt out, "it's way cooler than that primered piece of shit in your driveway." They looked at each other and kind of laughed and said, "Let's go for a ride." I piled into my cousins primered crap box and was surprised to see a full roll cage and race seats and harnesses. That thing was sitting so low to the ground it looked silly to me. My Mustang was way up there with a mean looking rake. We start following his friend whose car said Datsun 510 on the back trunk. What the hell is that I wondered? No one had those in Chicago in 1983. They would have all rusted into oblivion by then. We are headed for Mulholland Highway, a famous street going up the mountains in LA. There are sheer drop offs on one side and the mountain up tight against the other. We reach Mulholland and we are absolutely flying and I am scared shitless. We are screaming into corners way too fast to possibly stop in time and survive, yet we do time and time again. My cousins radically built Datsun 510 and his buddies Datsun are just bumper to bumper. My cousin keeps saying to me, "If we were in your Mustang we would be dead here." Or, "Think your Mustang could have done that?". The answer to that and every question I could have imagined that day was, No, my Mustang and none of my friends cars that I drag race against could do any of this.

That was one of the most thrilling car related days of my life and it changed me forever. I went back home and sold my Mustang almost immediately. I have had zero interest in muscle cars or just being able to go fast in a straight line since. That old Mulholland Highway street racing scene was world famous and the bottom of that canyon is littered with cars that didn't make it. There have been books written about it and movies made about it and in it's way, it was as cool as the Sunset Strip rock and roll scene that was happening just a few miles from there.

So yeah, translate all you want my brotha. I'll stick to road racing on race tracks in cars that are fast in a straight line, have amazing brakes, have handling that makes you question the laws of physics and do everything well. You stick to those 10-11 second thrills and give your wife my condolences. :hys:

Back