Who has owned a Parker fly classic?

dwizted

Parker owners what do you all think of them. Do they hold up and what do you like and dislike about them?

I am really gassing for something a bit different and this looks like it could be the ticket...

Cool guitar...very thin neck. I liked the heel and body design a lot and bends were really easy with the SS frets. Sperzels are nice, the ability to lock-out the trem is cool. Piezo is cool...I did not like the lack of fret markers and hated the fact that the buckers didn't split, which made ZERO sense to me.

Cool guitars though...I do miss it sometimes.

Parkers play great, they were my main guitars for almost a decade. The problems I had were, no matter what pickups I put in them they still sounded thin. The stainless steel frets feel incredible, but they are glued on. The acid in your sweat can break down the glue causing the fret to fall off (this happened on 2 of my Parkers). In the end the thin sound and fret issue made them impractical for me.

Love mine Classic and my Mojos. Personally, I think the pre-US music ones are a bit higher quality. I have 2 Mojos, my main one is awesome but it's developing a finish flaw where the neck meets the body. Doesn't seem to be structural, but still a bummer on a guitar in that price range (even though I got it on the cheap). My other Mojo has the same issue but worse. I bought it that way for cheap with the intent of getting it refinished, but now that my good one seems to be developing the same issue, its pretty disappointing.

My 1997 Fly Classic though is solid. I bought it in 2001 and it's logged a lot of notes. The only issues that I've had are a noisy volume pot and a nut that I tried to widen, and deepened... :doh:

I got great deals on all 3 because of cosmetic issues, and I think they're great playing and great sounding guitars. The Mojo's are a bit fatter/darker sounding than the Classic and they have the tap-able pups...

Back