Who wants a Signature Over Drive ??

  • Thread starter Thread starter griff10672
  • Start date Start date
Do a VFE Dragon that's more organic, musical and less metallic. Or a refined, cleaner sounding Airis Effects Savage Drive. Something with hi/lo pass filters.

Napalm Drive has a nice ring to it.
 
any other good ideas in this thread ??? maybe I'll do another one
Guess my idea wasn't good enough ...

1787314011019.gif
 
any other good ideas in this thread ??? maybe I'll do another one
I know I already suggested something akin to the Fortin Fourteen, but a mixture of the Fourteen and something like a Wampler Dual Fusion where each drive has it's own dedicated EQ's. But instead of a modern and vintage, one drive being the modded 808 and the other the TS9 (or a more different circuit), with all your cool options and switches. I love knobs and switches.
 
still haven't done a Timmy ................. hmmmmmm
Or a Rockett Blue Note. The Rockett Animal is a Blue Note with more gain but the Blue Note has a surprising amount of gain with the hot switch engaged. The Rockett HRM v2 seems really sweet too. I noticed the Rockett Holdsworth pedal is hitting big bucks on the used market. All of those might be worth a look at some point if you can find schematics. Just throwing those out there since we are at five pages....
 
Or a Rockett Blue Note. The Rockett Animal is a Blue Note with more gain but the Blue Note has a surprising amount of gain with the hot switch engaged. The Rockett HRM v2 seems really sweet too. I noticed the Rockett Holdsworth pedal is hitting big bucks on the used market. All of those might be worth a look at some point if you can find schematics. Just throwing those out there since we are at five pages....
all the schematics I've found for the Blue Note have discrepencies ... so I don't want to fork up the cash just to see if they are legit ... if that makes sense

if I could find 3 or 4 that matched ... I'd roll with it .... but I haven't
 
all the schematics I've found for the Blue Note have discrepencies ... so I don't want to fork up the cash just to see if they are legit ... if that makes sense

if I could find 3 or 4 that matched ... I'd roll with it .... but I haven't
Understood. That's kind of weird since so many have sold and it's been around for quite a few years but now there is two or three different versions, as the "tour" series never included the hot switch and the latest one is some small redesign of that IIRC. Not sure if you've ever seen those early Rockett master overdrives in the copper enclosures, had triple toggelz, kind of an early blue note. They were hitting about $500 used on reverb but I haven't seen any for sale in a while....
 
any other good ideas in this thread ??? maybe I'll do another one
Not sure it’d be “good” for anyone but me, :LOL:,
however, the boost side of the Majik Box “Rocket Fuel” OD, and the OD side of the Keeley/Legendary Tones “Mr.Scary” OD pedal would be fantastic.
I have had both pedals for years, but really only use the one side of each pedal.
Both of those pedals are fantastic in front of Marshall-voiced amps.(not surprising really, considering who the signature players are)
 
I always would have loved to have a Marshall Guv'nor pedal that was switchable from stock to "Pissed off" JCM 800.
But it ACTUALLY sounds like a boosted 800.
That would be a distortion pedal thou... Hmmm
 
I always would have loved to have a Marshall Guv'nor pedal that was switchable from stock to "Pissed off" JCM 800.
But it ACTUALLY sounds like a boosted 800.
That would be a distortion pedal thou... Hmmm
Ooh, that gives me an idea. @griff10672 how 'bout the pre-amp section of the Marshall Lead 100 MOSFET?!

That'll do a nice JCM800 + pissed off mode when the Gain knob is pulled. I can PM you the schematic even. (I needed it back in the day to mod mine for more low-end).
 
Ooh, that gives me an idea. @griff10672 how 'bout the pre-amp section of the Marshall Lead 100 MOSFET?!

That'll do a nice JCM800 + pissed off mode when the Gain knob is pulled. I can PM you the schematic even. (I needed it back in the day to mod mine for more low-end).
Yes yes!!
Hit it with a Tub-Screamer and you're golden.. ..nice!
 
Back
Top