Why is your rig the best?

Though about this as I drove all night.
Obviously opinions will vary,which was the reason for the thread itself.
But give me a moment to expound n the idea...

I have 3 different "main" rigs.
A Marshall thrash setup.
A modern metal setup.
And my Dime rig.

My Dime rig is crazy. Took years to acquire everything. 3 matching Warhead stacks and 3 Randall X2 heads(Dime in a box).
Few have ever even seen pics of a setup like this, much less had one.
Share some pics bro!

Attachments

• IMG_20190920_225801_510.jpg
    IMG_20190920_225801_510.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 28
Share some pics bro!
Old pic from an ampfest in 2010. Third stack added in 2011. Drove to D.O.A. party at Dean H.Q. in Tampa and picked it up. Stuffed it in my sleeper berth and had to sleep with the two cabs for almost a week before I got back to Texas to unload them. It was so worth it.
A bro in Ohio found a 2x15 off Craigslist in ohio. Asked my dispatcher for a load thru the area and they made it happen.
Picked up another 2x15 in Maryland. A bro there found it,bought it for me and brought it to the truckstop and helped me stuff it in the emergency escape door. Slept with it for 2 weeks before I got back home.
I couldn't have put it together without the help of friends from the Dean forum and my company.
It all started with just one X2 head.
Everything spiraled from there.

Attachments

• ampfest (1).jpg
    ampfest (1).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
You actually claim ‘no compression’ with a straight face??
😂😂😂😂😂
No fucking chance. I love a good Mesa rig, and yours is cool but they are just as compressed as any other Mark, which is to say A LOT. Not EVH compression but every one of my C+ had a good amount of compression; I’ve played those preamps and unless they have some special sauce they ain’t close to a C+ tonally. Good that it works for you though.

In my experience most guitar players have no fucking clue what compression actually is/means :LOL:

In my experience most guitar players have no fucking clue what compression actually is/means :LOL:
Not to mention running a BBE sonic maximizer with the lo-contour cranked with all the great Mesa hardware.
No wonder he has bottom end for endless morse code riffs.
Why use shit for frosting on a glorious wedding cake of gear?
Hey, whatever works for you and makes you happy.

Because you bags of dixx' don't run
a MOOG.
I can tickle all y'alls nutsack's from right here.

Attachments

• PSX_20220112_113800.jpg
    PSX_20220112_113800.jpg
    625.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Back